2 Sundown Audio Zv3 15's in the Scion TC.

How do you all feel about the build? Just finished by a shop in AZ called Sound Xpression. Box has 3 cubes per woofer after driver displacement and all that; tuned to 35hz. Running off a SAZ3500. What's your opinion on it? Also, any help on whether or not the ports are too small? Thanks!

JMO... those subs need a little bigger box? and i would tune a little lower (32-33) all in all, i bet it gets nasty..port does look a little skimpy though

This is basically all the room I had to work with.. It's a bummer I know, I would have went larger as well, both box and port, but without spilling over into the back seats, this is as big as I could go. Each port is 12" x 3.25" x 12.5".

Yeah.. Port is really close to the hatch. What does that do, if you don't mind me asking? I'm young and don't have much experience under my belt, so any knowledge you could pass on will be greatly appreciated. What else could they have done w/ the ports? I pretty much left it up to them as I didn't know a ton about all the technical stuff.

Yeah.. Port is really close to the hatch. What does that do, if you don't mind me asking? I'm young and don't have much experience under my belt, so any knowledge you could pass on will be greatly appreciated. What else could they have done w/ the ports? I pretty much left it up to them as I didn't know a ton about all the technical stuff.
you want to make sure the ports have enough room to breatth. But they really don't need much room. Three to four inches should suffice

How does everybody feel about the PSP ports? That's my best option for increasing port size area without having to reconstruct an entirely new box, correct? And just to put this back out there. Each woofer is in its own enclosure. 2 separate boxes. So how big of PSP ports for each taking into account the port size already on the box? Thanks. I wanted to go 15's, since I've always had 12's. I'm not lacking on airspace as far as recommended specs, but I fully agree these 15's need a little bit larger of a box to be maximized.

How isn't it the "right box"? It correlates perfectly with Sundown's recommended specs. Now, I understand that people fiddle with those numbers to achieve the sound they want, but as far as it not being the "right box", I beg to differ. I could be sounding like an idiot, as I admittedly don't know as much as you, but I'm not a believer that it is the complete "wrong box".. Any help with the port situation, though?

To small. At lest 3.5 cubes, and at least 14 square inches of port per. You have neither. = wrong box. That's why I didn't go 15, even with the seat out its to tight to do it right.

Where are you gettin the 3.5 cubes from? I'm pulling straight from Sundown's site. It reads as 3 cubes. I don't know why a manufacturer would put false or incorrect measurements on their products. I'm just trying to understand where you are getting your numbers from.

Where are you gettin the 3.5 cubes from? I'm pulling straight from Sundown's site. It reads as 3 cubes. I don't know why a manufacturer would put false or incorrect measurements on their products. I'm just trying to understand where you are getting your numbers from.
I'm getting my numbers cause its a 15. 3.5 is the minimum.

Question is are you happy? If so its all good.

Without seeing the inside of the box, nobody could possibly tell you if the port is too small or too big. Within the constraints of the purchaser(you) I have a feeling the box is the perfect box to meet your needs. Now if you had 12's, box would be different, 18's, then that would be a different install. My only concern is the amount of wires being ran directly off a single battery terminal. But that is just personal preference, I prefer to use fused distribution blocks for the equipment that uses less power. Just looks cleaner to me.

Edit, I didn't realize you put up the port dimensions, and yes, they are a little small. But within your constraints, they are needed. You're losing output, but until some of your variables change, the box will have to stay the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

chvse_esvhc
Arizona
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
chvse_esvhc
Screenshot 2024-03-07 184329.png