Power cell, recommendations.

Participant count
  • Participants list
Wanting to bump 2 hdc412-1A subs on 2 MRX-240 amps. I have dual alt's, 350 amp Mechman I was wanting to power a battery bank to power the amps. Keeping it separate from may upgraded factory alt and yellow top Optima that powers the multi channel amps witch power my Polk's. I was planning on charging at 16 volts with the external voltage regulator. I wanted some suggestions on what size, what brand and how many power cells to apply here. Incase your wondering the wire is 0 gauge Kilk.

The MRX amps are rated for 16 volts max. I wanted to run 16 volt batts and charge at 19 volts per Mechman. I don't think I can do that with those amps. 14 volt batts and charge at 16.8 volts maybe. Thanks for the help. Want to be sure before I purchase anything.

The MRX amps are rated for 16 volts max. I wanted to run 16 volt batts and charge at 19 volts per Mechman. I don't think I can do that with those amps. 14 volt batts and charge at 16.8 volts maybe. Thanks for the help. Want to be sure before I purchase anything.
do the xs power 14 volt batts .i can give pricing

I'm new to this forum. I was hopping to hear from someone not associated with a manufacture. That's why I registered with this site. I could just call XS otherwise.
He's not just trying to make a sale. He has plenty of knowledge building high power systems, and it would be a mistake to interpret his replies as him just trying to make money.

He's not just trying to make a sale. He has plenty of knowledge building high power systems, and it would be a mistake to interpret his replies as him just trying to make money.
thanks tik , not trying to sell you a battery ,and yes you can call direct if you like ,xs power is the only battery that i'm aware of that makes a 14 volt battery .and its only one size , same as the 16 volt

Ill call XS and keep researching it. I know more volts should mean additional cells in the battery. Interesting that you said XS may be the only one with 14 and 16 volt batts. Thanks for responding.

Ill call XS and keep researching it. I know more volts should mean additional cells in the battery. Interesting that you said XS may be the only one with 14 and 16 volt batts. Thanks for responding.
not 16 ,the are a few other companies that sell 16 volt batts ,14 only xs that i know of

XS was the only place I found 14 volt battery's. Those amps are rated at 16 volt max. I'd like to show a pic of the box Im building, fiberglass bottom. It's a attempt to keep my rear seat in the EX CAB. Seat needs brackets fabricated for it, witch ill make. It's interesting to say the least. I don't know if I should start a new post or what.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.