how do i make this port

kabosh
10+ year member

I am having a buddy chop up and put n L port into my box for an OA18. The guy who made the box made it well except for the ports, seems like he just three two aeroports in there without tuning. I need to know the dimensions I need to make the port tuned to 28 Hz. Let me know what information I need to supply to get the info to make the port.

I took some pics of the box, can't figure out how to upload pics I already have to this post.

We need more info to help you out.

Enclosure specs would be ideal to start with.

H x W x D

Thickness of the wood (any double baffles)

What bracing?

What are the current port sizes and lengths?

I'll try to get the dimensions after work. It is all double baffle 3/4 mdf, bracing dowel in the center and bracing on all the corners inside as well. Right now there r two aero ports and it doesnt hit lows hardly at all

I thought I might just need like this much port length, this much port width at this height. Something like that lol
We need to know the exact size of the enclosure to give you an accurate port spec. Without that all we can do is guess like your other builder did and you would be no better off in the end. There is no magic/generic port size for an 18 that you can just slap in there and be guranteed that it sounds good. Once we find out the size of the enclosure you might find its easier to just lengthen your aero ports to get the sound you want. When you get around to measuring the enclosure go ahead and measure the length on the aero ports as well as giving us the diameter of the ports so we have all the info we need. Are you sure your subsonic filter isn't set too high and killing your lows?

Tell us the **** box dimensions man. Been asked for multiple times. Without that we cannot offer any assistance.

How do I extend these plastic aeriports
By replacing them or rebuilding them.

As for the enclosure currently, if you can play low but not with much or any "authority" then it is likely the enclosure design and/or port area limitations.

The best solid answer you will get, is build a new enclosure.

By replacing them or rebuilding them.

As for the enclosure currently, if you can play low but not with much or any "authority" then it is likely the enclosure design and/or port area limitations.

The best solid answer you will get, is build a new enclosure.
Best advice so far

adding a slot port to a box designed for aeroports is destined for disaster. Aeroports take up much less space than slot ports, so adding a slot port in there is going to make the actual chamber your sub is in much smaller. You're better off figuring out what your current box's airspace and tuning, seeing if you can make your ports longer, or building a new box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.