Port area (((aero vs slot)))

Participant count
  • Participant list

moparerrnocar
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Fargo, ND
I finally have time to build a box for my two 12" type Rs. Ideally Id like to use aero ports, however I only have room for one 6" aero which really limits me on port area. My box dimensions can't be bigger then 20x36x13 and with a 6"x13" port I'll have 4cu @ 33Hz with 7" of port area. I read the general rule is 9-12 for aero 14-16 for slot.

I don't have the room to meet either requirements. If I build a slot port, in order not to sacrifice too much vol, my port area will be around 12".

So its either aero: 4cu @ 33 w/ 7"

Or slot: (24x3.5x11.5) 3.38cu @ 33 w/ 12"

Its a trunk application with only 1500rms. Id prefer aero for simplicity and weight. Need some ideas guys.

yep, aeros are more efficient than a slot. theres a pluming store near me that sells 7" aeros, if some place near you has 7" aeros i would go with one over a 6" aero. but the single 6" aero should be more than enough on that power. i was running a single 3" aero with a 12" TC9 on 1100W and had no issues.

Matt

its not techincly an aero. but they are a specialty store and i beleive its for a water intake pump. all i kno is the flares are fat and the pipe can be as long as 48"

Matt

A six inch flared port is optimum for two type r's. These subs perform better with smaller amounts of ports area. 2 to 2.5 cubes per sub tuned to 34.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.