Four 12's or two 15's?

lnsomnia

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys, so I currently have two 12 CVX's set in a 4 cubed box tuned at 32hz in my little hatchback. I know many of you guys frown upon kicker, but these honestly do get loud in my little car.

I'm debating on upgrading to either two 15's (looking at DC Audio or Audioque) or walling off four 12 CVX's in my Honda Civic.

What do you guys think? I think four 12's walled in my car would look sick if it was done right. But that's just me. It would also save me a few hundred dollars if I bought two more 12's instead of a pair of 15's.

Opinions anyone?

What kind of power will you be able to run to this setup? do you have any idea how much space you can get out of your car if you would wall it?

4 cvx 12s is a good setup. very loud! ive heard that same setup in a durango. id say wall the 4 12s. they will get plenty loud and when you want better sq down the road, you can just swap them out.

What kind of power will you be able to run to this setup? do you have any idea how much space you can get out of your car if you would wall it?
Well I currently have a CX1200.1 running my two at 2 ohms for about 1200rms. I planned on just adding another one of the same amps if I added two more CVX's. It would look clean and not messy. Not to mention it would be a 100% Kicker powered sub stage (Haters gonna hate). I have a 145H/O alt and a Big 3 kit from mylows10 coming in the mail. Stock battery until I can afford an upgrade.

If I walled them there would be literally no space left in my car except for the small area by the driver and passenger seat. I haven't put in any serious measurements yet, but I can barely fit an 8 cubed box if i took out my back seats. If I walled it off it would probably be around 9 cubes? I'm assuming it will be ok and I'll have enough room.

4 cvx 12s is a good setup. very loud! ive heard that same setup in a durango. id say wall the 4 12s. they will get plenty loud and when you want better sq down the road, you can just swap them out.
What I was kind of thinking. I think four 12's walled in my little car would just be sick.

A wall done right can get nasty. Not done right it can fail. It's one if those things that takes trial and error.
And I've never built a wall before let alone multiple boxes. I'm worried that if I mess up on my wall than my car is literally just ruined. I don't want that. But I would rather build it myself than trusting my local stereo shop... They ****. It's a tough decision lol.

Alright, well I'm going to slowly start designing and planning out a wall build. I'm in no rush at all and I'll probably start a build log whenever I decide to commit myself to walling my car off. Excited and nervous at the same time! Can't wait.

And I've never built a wall before let alone multiple boxes. I'm worried that if I mess up on my wall than my car is literally just ruined. I don't want that. But I would rather build it myself than trusting my local stereo shop... They ****. It's a tough decision lol.
**** it dude you ruin your car then it can just be a wall car forever and you have as much time to get the wall right as youd like haha. but 4 12s walled leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. If your gonna go walled i suggest tearing everything out and doing some serious measurements to see how much space you can get out of it if you were to build in the car and use all the available space possible. If you could make 3 15s fit the extra cone area would help a ton. You could also then go with some subs that would preform better than the kickers:) but you can not forget that you will need space for your port and sub displacements in the enclosure, which can take up a decent amount of volume. I have no idea how much space you can actually fit in your car or if your ~8 or 9 cubes guess is correct or if you can get creative and get a lot more space out of it. And knowing how much space you can achieve is a huge factor here

Ahhh, thanks for the help. I guess it's kind of pointless to try and build a removable wall? I need to sit down and seriously contemplate whether or not I'm ready to wall it of lol. I want to bad, but I don't want to **** up.

Ahhh, thanks for the help. I guess it's kind of pointless to try and build a removable wall? I need to sit down and seriously contemplate whether or not I'm ready to wall it of lol. I want to bad, but I don't want to **** up.
sure it could be done.. but you will definately have to go smaller if thats the case. and it will take a little thought in how you want that to work out. It all comes down to what your comfortable with. Its a learning process, i know i started small with my first wall and wasnt sure what to expect, but as i continually changed walls setups i got louder and louder and more satisfied. for the time being at least hah there will always be the desire to outdo my last setup and thats what i love about it all

If your willing to spend the money to build a wall etc .. Just do 2 nasty 15s normal box and it will get as loud as the 4 kicker wall easily if you do it right ..

If your willing to spend the money to build a wall etc .. Just do 2 nasty 15s normal box and it will get as loud as the 4 kicker wall easily if you do it right ..
This was my first thought but if hes running real low power and not willing to upgrade electrical then cone area is big. although id still suggest at least changing those over to some better 12s if that's the route he chooses

This was my first thought but if hes running real low power and not willing to upgrade electrical then cone area is big. although id still suggest at least changing those over to some better 12s if that's the route he chooses
Just seems way more logical to spend the wall money on alt , amp etc .. Sell his old amp and kickers grab 2 nice 15s ..

But whatever's clever ..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.