When is too much for RCA's?

Oraclem19

Senior VIP Member
Looking for a few opinions on this, as I see RCAs ranging from $10 to $300, and not sure how much of a difference this stuff actually makes for the average SQL user. What brand do you like to stick with? When is too much for an RCA? If it is shielded and has gold/plat connectors, is that enough requirements?

Advice is appreciated.

I personally would not pay over $20.00 on a pair of RCAs. I don't think it's going to make much of a difference as long as you're not a huge SQ head. I've run a $10 set in the past and they sounded just fine.

Just go with twisted pair, shielded, gold plated... and you'll be fine. Knu makes great RCA's... I've ran the premium RCA's from monoprice and those are fine in the car too..

not just RCA's but wiring and connectors are a racket in general there are a hundred dollar HDMI cables that look just as good as a 3 dollar pair anyone who can say they can tell the difference its just in your head the same goes for most cables

Id stay with twisted as a minimum, if shielded remember to only ground one end I have background in other systems (electronics, fire alarm,etc) all the manufacturers there suggest that. But I agree that there is a racket in the industry with wiring. I think the only other option Id consider is the ones that have the outer jacket to help protect the cable from any abrasion but you can always do that your self.

Just go with twisted pair, shielded, gold plated... and you'll be fine. Knu makes great RCA's... I've ran the premium RCA's from monoprice and those are fine in the car too..
This, I'd recommend Knu. The only time you might possibly be able to notice a difference with a high quality expensive pair of rca's is if you have taken the 100s or 1000s of hours it takes to perfect your front stage, and the rca's are the limiting piece of equipment. 99.99% of people will not notice a difference, or if they think they do, it is most likely in their head.

I'd say if you're spending that much on RCA's, you need to get a headunit with optical audio and go that route... their's only so much you can get out of RCA's.

Vampire Wires are supposed to be top of the line and affordable, too. I have twisted pair Hooker Audio RCAs (I believe $75 MSRP each?) and I can't tell a difference from a $10 twisted pair scosche set of RCAs

I'd say if you're spending that much on RCA's, you need to get a headunit with optical audio and go that route... their's only so much you can get out of RCA's.
Sounds about right.

So it is pretty much as it appears, gold plated(most are), twisted and shielded if noise is a consideration, techflex if in something that could see a lot of motion.

Knu is my preferred as well, was just wondering if any of these streetwires, dope diyma, amazon 5$, Monster $1000 discount to $20 or anything like that was really worth the extra 20.

Any ideas what AT RCAs have? Considering stocking up.

Sounds about right.So it is pretty much as it appears, gold plated(most are), twisted and shielded if noise is a consideration, techflex if in something that could see a lot of motion.

Knu is my preferred as well, was just wondering if any of these streetwires, dope diyma, amazon 5$, Monster $1000 discount to $20 or anything like that was really worth the extra 20.

Any ideas what AT RCAs have? Considering stocking up.
DIYMA ones are good for the price with the 70% off code if shipping isn't too bad. And like I posted earlier, check out Vampire Wires. Both of those should be pretty cheap and high quality.

I would stay away from those AT RCAs. Those are the cheap ones. The good AT ones are still pretty expensive (upwards of $30 on ebay IIRC)

Ah darn I was hoping that wasn't the case. The rest of their stuff is fairly good from what has been heard. May just keep my orders in Knu. reliable, company hasn't moved, and not funding **** oatmeal... I get chasing your dreams but sheesh. Will give a look.

Ah darn I was hoping that wasn't the case. The rest of their stuff is fairly good from what has been heard. May just keep my orders in Knu. reliable, company hasn't moved, and not funding **** oatmeal... I get chasing your dreams but sheesh. Will give a look.
If you already have an order for Knu set up, go for it. Otherwise shipping will be just as much as the cable, lol.

Yeah I was just hoping to grab a set of like 10 for the price of 1 from AT, saw the DIYMA and bought a test, trying to test some new 4 channels though, about the same price, figured I'll give it a shot.

Shipping is that bad. 100ft of ofc though and a few other things for

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.