07 lucerne + 2 type R's

Participant count
  • Participant list

noble brown

Senior VIP Member
im about to build my box for two 12" type r's in a 07 lucerne. settled on a 3.5 cu ft @ 32hz. just curious if anyone has any experience here on what will work best in this build: speakers up ported back, speakers front and port back or both to the back. thx

i've built probably over 40 boxes for the 12" type R. the box will perform if it is bigger. 2 cubes per sub if running lots of power (like a 1000rms or more) and 2.5 cubes if running less power. tune it to 34Hz. use a single 4" flared port per sub. on paper this isn't enough surface area but the type R's like it this way. for the two speakers you could also run a single 6"-- more expensive but generally a 6" outperforms 2x 4".

i've built probably over 40 boxes for the 12" type R. the box will perform if it is bigger. 2 cubes per sub if running lots of power (like a 1000rms or more) and 2.5 cubes if running less power. tune it to 34Hz. use a single 4" flared port per sub. on paper this isn't enough surface area but the type R's like it this way. for the two speakers you could also run a single 6"-- more expensive but generally a 6" outperforms 2x 4".
I agree with everything, except tuning. They do like 2-2.5 cubes. I like mine tuned to 32, but I've seen 30-36 work well actually.

I agree with everything, except tuning. They do like 2-2.5 cubes. I like mine tuned to 32, but I've seen 30-36 work well actually.
it is a matter of preference of course. 34Hz seems to be a good balance between playing loud and getting low.

so i built a pretty standard 2.2 slot ported box. speakers up and port to the back ( i have a autoCAD 3D file of it but cant figure out how to convert file to post) and it made a world of difference. at specs these 12s were suffocating.

so i built a pretty standard 2.2 slot ported box. speakers up and port to the back ( i have a autoCAD 3D file of it but cant figure out how to convert file to post) and it made a world of difference. at specs these 12s were suffocating.
You only made the box 2.2 cubes for 2 12s? That's way too small for a ported box. It should be 2.2 cubes for each sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.