Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

TheCandyMan
10+ year member

MI
So i ******* love my kenwood x990 cuz of all the features but the 1 thing i hate about it is the tuning.

It's so complicated cuz there isn't a treble or bass option it's all in frequancys and db's and fc and ff,and i have NO ******* CLUE WHAT THAT MEANS and the instruction booklet doesn't even help.

I usually have a guy that works at a shop near by re-tune my cd player if my battery gets disconnected. He will not be at work for a week and i can't go no week without loud music.

There for i'm hoping someone here is familiar with this head unit (due to i searched up kenwood x990 and alot of u guys said it's a great head unit) AND can help me out. I just need to know what to change on the cd player so NO BASS is comming threw my stock speakers and my treble is a bit louder then stock. IF YOU CAN HELP ME THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!!!

Let me know....

If you want to get loud, by a new system. In all seriousness, set the HPF (high pass filter) to 100hz... adjust the rest of the eq by ear, that will make it so the stock speakers aren't trying to reproduce sound they can't.

i tryed to do it by ear and i just str8 up **** at it. If i could just learn what these freakin things mean like 1 means treble 1 means bass 1 means lows i'd be fine. And by loud i mean turned up past 24volume so i don't blow my stocks cuz so much bass is comming threw.

Here's a video that will help you understand what's going on with the 4-band eq on that head unit.

Once you get that down so it's not so confusing the other sound adjustments can be addressed.

Ok that vid is just making it more confusing. Plus that's not my cd player and my cd player LITERLY DOES NOT SAY BASS OR TREBLE OR MID!!! It's all in FC,ff,db,hz,fr,etc,etc,etc. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS FOR THE BASS COMMING THREW MY SPEAKERS AND WHAT IS THE TREBLE! F-ck mids,f-ck everything else, i just don't want my stocks to blow. I'm bout to just call it a day and sell this cd player and get a new kenwood with REAL setting with REAL WORDS and a usb port so i never have to make cd's again. F-ck life....

p.s. the guy in the video not having an ENGLISH accent makes it even harder to understand if i could understand at all. That's ADHD for ya...

Ok that vid is just making it more confusing. Plus that's not my cd player and my cd player LITERLY DOES NOT SAY BASS OR TREBLE OR MID!!! It's all in FC,ff,db,hz,fr,etc,etc,etc. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS FOR THE BASS COMMING THREW MY SPEAKERS AND WHAT IS THE TREBLE! F-ck mids,f-ck everything else, i just don't want my stocks to blow. I'm bout to just call it a day and sell this cd player and get a new kenwood with REAL setting with REAL WORDS and a usb port so i never have to make cd's again. F-ck life....p.s. the guy in the video not having an ENGLISH accent makes it even harder to understand if i could understand at all. That's ADHD for ya...

Does it have something called HPF? or a high pass filter? If so, set it to 100, or higher.. no bass through the speakers.

Ok that vid is just making it more confusing. Plus that's not my cd player and my cd player LITERLY DOES NOT SAY BASS OR TREBLE OR MID!!! It's all in FC,ff,db,hz,fr,etc,etc,etc. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS FOR THE BASS COMMING THREW MY SPEAKERS AND WHAT IS THE TREBLE! F-ck mids,f-ck everything else, i just don't want my stocks to blow. I'm bout to just call it a day and sell this cd player and get a new kenwood with REAL setting with REAL WORDS and a usb port so i never have to make cd's again. F-ck life....p.s. the guy in the video not having an ENGLISH accent makes it even harder to understand if i could understand at all. That's ADHD for ya...
Lol..wow. Yeah, it's time for a new head unit. The video is the best one I've found to explain a simple parametric equalizer, which your head unit has.

The only reason i got this HU is cuz it was the best out by kenwood at the time and it has the motorized screen which i LOVE to death cuz when the suns beamin u can just have it drop it like it's hot. THe last time the dude did my EQ he just put one thing to negative and it was all good no bass comming threw speakers. If i put the hpf past 100 wouldn't the high pass be with bass also or am i complete idiot

The only reason i got this HU is cuz it was the best out by kenwood at the time and it has the motorized screen which i LOVE to death cuz when the suns beamin u can just have it drop it like it's hot. THe last time the dude did my EQ he just put one thing to negative and it was all good no bass comming threw speakers. If i put the hpf past 100 wouldn't the high pass be with bass also or am i complete idiot
It won't mess with the subwoofer.

It won't mess with the subwoofer.
It won't mess with the woofer but it def made the bass even STRONGER comming threw my stocks which is what i DO NOT WANT!

I'm gonna get a digi and make some vids of my options on my cd player for u guys to watch and u can then tell me what to put what at cuz i tryed for 3hours to do it myself today and just failed horribly...

It won't mess with the woofer but it def made the bass even STRONGER comming threw my stocks which is what i DO NOT WANT! I'm gonna get a digi and make some vids of my options on my cd player for u guys to watch and u can then tell me what to put what at cuz i tryed for 3hours to do it myself today and just failed horribly...
Must have messed with the fq, not the hpf... the hpf will definitely cut off the bass from the speakers.

I read this thread, and now my head is full of fuck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.