Installing 4 channel/wires

Participant count
  • Participants list

andy28gs

TX
I was wondering how i hook up the RCAs for my 4 channel. The situation is my stock HU in 2012 honda civic ex does not have RCA outputs, so my sub amp is using an LOC. I'm not sure what wires they they splices too, I had a shop do that install.

My question, with this in, how do I install the RCAs to my 4 channel?

Also, are they any good basic wire diagrams that include RCAs?

Thanks.

so a shop used a LOC to feed a sub amp? they likely just tapped the front wires.

what 4 channel amp? some amps have high level inputs that negate the need for an external LOC.

some amps have RCA outputs to allow for daisy-chaining amps.

some 4 channel amps let you run all four channels off just 2 channel inputs, some require all 4.

you want to retain fader, so you will want to intercept front speaker wiring. this is easiest if you buy two wire harnesses behind the head unit (into car and into radio). simply run 4 sets of wires from the 4 channel amp to the head unit. two pairs are amp outputs to power the front speakers using stock wiring. the other two pairs connect to the hu outputs to feed the LOC or high level inputs.

does the car have the premium system with external stock amplifier? if so, you will want to bypass it.

it would be easier to upgrade the HU and better overall.

The 4 channel amp is a Lanzar Opti 100x4. The amp that is already installed is a Alpine MRX-M50.

If something I say sounds funny, it's probably wrong. I'm not very knowledgeable at this stuff.

Run 4 sets of wires you mean 4 sets of RCAs? Will i just need to tap the wires like the shop did to get this power for the channels?

Another dumb question but what do you mean by intercepting the front speaker wire?

It does not have the stock Navi so I do not believe any premium system was included.

I know that all 2013 EX models come with the premium sound, but not navi standard, not sure about your 2012. Do you have a subwoofer in the rear dash, if so it is premium. If that is the case the wires coming out of your HU are diff. balanced and useless to you. Here is where the problem unfolds...if you have premium there is a separate signal for the midbass and tweeter in the front, which makes it getting a balanced signal for the front pretty much impossible. I am not sure if they have a harness available that will bypass the stock amp and give you signal you can use on the 4 channel, but this is what you need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.