dual battery help

dlg3413
10+ year member

hi i need some help with my system. ive got 2 sundown 10's an a 1400 watt hifonics amp. even though my truck has a decent electrical system as it is stock, the voltage still drops sn i want to put another battery in it(it has an extra tray for one). when doing this, how would i wire them up an do i have to have 2 of the same batterys or can they be different. really dont want (or have the $) to buy 2 new batterys. any input appreciated

k. thanks. i was just wondering because i read somewhere that 2 different batterys would draw off each other an drain each other out

many people run two different types of batteries. if it doesn't happen what will happen is the battereis will go dead after some time. you can alwasy buy 1 battery, try it, and if this does happen then buy a new one up front too.

Any person good with batteries will tell you not to use non-matching batteries, as one may hurt or constantly drain the other, or affect the resting voltage. I've done mismatched before and it worked out alright, but it is a general rule to be followed to use the same brand/model/make/size. In order to wire them in parallel simply connect the + on one to the + on the other. The - can be done 2 ways, 1 is to connect it to the other -, the other is to simply ground it to the chassis like the other one.

I'm thinking about throwing a second battery in my trunk to begin my new build. Instead of running a decent battery with the POS I have under the hood, I'm gonna try to buy two decent ones. I saw an ad that I could pick up a Shiruken BT45 and a Shiruken BT20. Are these decent batteries to run? Would they be okay together, or would their size difference create some issues?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.