need help with how many batteries

Participant count
  • Participants list

Camarillo
10+ year member

1. As far as I know the front battery under the hood is for start up, correct?

2. Could I just get 2 xp3000 in the back and keep stock in front? Or is it better to replace front to d6500 and another d6500 or xp3000 in back.

What would be the best way to go?

Better to have all agm batteries. As far as how much reserve you should have, depends on how big your amp(s) are.

I run a 4480 at .7 with very little voltage drop on stock electrical. Just big 3. I do have a factory 175 amp alt. I would install it honestly and just see what kind of voltage drop you get and go from there

What about alt. I know it would just be overall better to buy new HO alt but the other guy says he doesn't drop too low. He dropped it to .7 and I would be dropping it to .5 and big 3. Just a thought

Every car is different. Try it. I hope to add a second 4480 in the future myself. I will prob replace my front bat and put one in the rear. Then go from there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.