12" Alpine Type R's cut out

Noob@Bass

I recently purchased two 12" Alpine Type R's (SWR-1222D) subs and an 1100 watt RMS amp (Alpine MRX-M110). I have them wired for a 2 ohm load i believe. I can only turn my amp gain to about 1/8 turn up and my subs will cut out at 18 volume. I know these subs can handle more than that and I don't know what to do. Maybe my wiring is for a 4 ohm load? Help

take a picture of how you have them wired. If you don't know exactly how you have them wired, you need to.

2DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg

That is how you should have those subs wired.

I checked and that's exactly how they're wired. So I'm assuming I have them wired correctly. I was trying to set my gains and before I even hear distortion my subs cut out. That's on 3/4 volume and about 2/5 turn up on gain.

Sounds like its possible there's a bad connection either your power or ground wire to the amp causing the amp to go protect due to being starved for power under heavy load. Check all connections be sure there's no paint on any metal surfaces and that all connections are tight.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.