Need Help Choosing an Amp For Kicker Cvr 12's!!

Participant count
  • Participants list

Jberny90

Well like the title says i need help choosing the best type of amp for my subs, theyre dvc 4 ohms,450 rms handling. I thought 2 channel was the best way to go but i read somehwhere that a mono block wired at 1 ohm would really make these subs pound! Im just trying to make these subwoofers bang as loud as i can get them to with the best combination, i dont want to spend alot on an amp since these subs arent brand new either, Thanks

i read somehwhere that a mono block wired at 1 ohm would really make these subs pound!
I heard that too! Yeah, kickers always sound best wired to 1 ohm on a mono-block.

Hey, just yanking your chain. Check it out- It doesn't matter how many ohms the subs are wired to, it just matters how much RMS they are receiving. You could have a class A/B multi-channel amp running 450w, each sub wired to 2ohms OR you could have 900w going to the pair at 1ohm. It is up to you, my man. As far as a recommendation? Buy whatever fits your budget, keeping your newly acquired knowledge in mind. As with anything in life, you are going to get what you pay for. Not to say a cheap amp wouldn't do completely fine... The difference is the quality of construction, materials used, features, and longevity. Good luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I am currently running two 12" dual 4 ohm cvr's, same as yours, wired to two ohms each, at 500 rms each on a class a/b 2 channel amp Audiobahn a8002j that I got from vminnovations.com or sonicelectronics.com, not sure which just which is cheaper, but they sound great. True they are prolly only getting 350-400 watts and can take more but they are rattling my *** pretty good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.