Sign in to follow this  
Jberny90

Need Help Choosing an Amp For Kicker Cvr 12's!!

Well like the title says i need help choosing the best type of amp for my subs, theyre dvc 4 ohms,450 rms handling. I thought 2 channel was the best way to go but i read somehwhere that a mono block wired at 1 ohm would really make these subs pound! Im just trying to make these subwoofers bang as loud as i can get them to with the best combination, i dont want to spend alot on an amp since these subs arent brand new either, Thanks

i read somehwhere that a mono block wired at 1 ohm would really make these subs pound!

I heard that too! Yeah, kickers always sound best wired to 1 ohm on a mono-block.

Hey, just yanking your chain. Check it out- It doesn't matter how many ohms the subs are wired to, it just matters how much RMS they are receiving. You could have a class A/B multi-channel amp running 450w, each sub wired to 2ohms OR you could have 900w going to the pair at 1ohm. It is up to you, my man. As far as a recommendation? Buy whatever fits your budget, keeping your newly acquired knowledge in mind. As with anything in life, you are going to get what you pay for. Not to say a cheap amp wouldn't do completely fine... The difference is the quality of construction, materials used, features, and longevity. Good luck ;)

stonerdoginreallife.gif

Refs: IMXELITE, Relax, JustStoppingBy, KnightWhoSaysNI, btdickey99

eBay: (tmiks07 & X_gamer7)

I am currently running two 12" dual 4 ohm cvr's, same as yours, wired to two ohms each, at 500 rms each on a class a/b 2 channel amp Audiobahn a8002j that I got from vminnovations.com or sonicelectronics.com, not sure which just which is cheaper, but they sound great. True they are prolly only getting 350-400 watts and can take more but they are rattling my *** pretty good

Coming soon

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Latenightkreeper
      . It's between Earthquake DBXI-12D and.   https://www.ebay.com/p/KICKER-Compr-12-Dual-Loaded-Enclosure-40DCWR122-With-20-FT-Auvio-Premium-Cable/1808008056?iid=183407122706&chn=ps&ul_ref=https%253A%252F%252Frover I will be pushing one or the other with a 1000 watt rms kicker monoblock
    • By aaron7114
      Like the title says I'm looking to buy one 08 dual 4 ohm 15" kicker L7 to replace one of mine that has locked up on me. Let me know shipped price to Arkansas. Thanks
    • By fontanaaa
      So I just got a jl audio 12w6v2 sub for my truck and I am having trouble deciding on the right amp. I've been looking at 3 main options but I am open for any suggestions.

Option 1: PIONEER GM-D8400M
      PIONEER GM-D8400M 1200 WATT MONO CAR AMPLIFIER AMP - eBay (item 390221734181 end time Aug-02-10 06:55:53 PDT)

Option 2: KICKER 08 ZX750.1 750W
      KICKER 08 ZX750.1 750W CLASS D AMP MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIER: eBay Motors (item 400132733992 end time Jul-29-10 20:54:35 PDT)

Option 3: JL 500/1
      500/1 JL AUDIO 1 CH SUB AMP MONO 500 WATT AMPLIFIER NEW - eBay (item 120596922041 end time Aug-15-10 17:50:58 PDT)

I would be buying the 500/1 used because its out of my price range so what do you think?
    • By TenguC
      Recently I bought a pair of Polk Audio DXI 460P Speakers for my doors and a pair of Kenwood KFC-6993PS speakers for my back. The door speakers can handle 50 Watts RMS and the back speakers can handle 120 Watts RMS. I am looking for an Amplifier to power them.

I have come up with a few different Amps that I am considering.

1. (My first choice) An MB Quart Discus amp that is going for 83.47 on Amazon.
      Amazon.com: MB Quart Discus DSC450 200 Watt A/B Class 4-Channel…
      I have heard MB Quart makes good Amplifiers and this seems to suit my needs, but I have also heard some bad things about Mb Quart as well.

2. A Refurbished Rockford Fosgate R300-4 that is going for 114.95. It can produce 50 watts RMS to four channels at 4 ohms.
      Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4 300 Watt Multi Channel Amplifier: Electronics

3. A Kicker 08ZX200.4 amp for 99.99 with free shipping on Crutchfield. It can only produce 35 watts RMS.
      Kicker 08ZX200.4 4-channel car amplifier — 35 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com

4. (My absolute last choice due to price.) An Alpine MRP-F300. It can do 50 watts to all four channels but will also cost me the most money.
      Amazon.com: Alpine MRP-F300 - Amplifier - V-Power - 4-channel: Automotive

I am almost broke from this audio adventure and the Amp is the last thing I am buying for now. Out of those can you please tell me which is the best and worth the money?
    • By maxmar04
      Hey I'm trying to delcie between 2 2" kicker l7's or 2 12" fi ssd12. I'm mainly looking looking for SPL but i would like to try to get some SQ. Also they will b going in a ported box. Plz don't try and Recommend another sub I hate it when ppl do that it just confuses me more.