Obsidian 15 vs Sa-15 vs American bass xfl 15

TheLittleRhino
10+ year member

Which one will sound the best in a ported enclosure? get the loudest ? Sound the cleanest ?

IT will get around 1000 watts of clean power.

Any other subs around the price range that can compete ?

Right now i can get a obsidian 15 for 190 sa-15 for 235. american bass xfl for 215

Which one will sound the best in a ported enclosure? get the loudest ? Sound the cleanest ?
IT will get around 1000 watts of clean power.

Any other subs around the price range that can compete ?

Right now i can get a obsidian 15 for 190 sa-15 for 235. american bass xfl for 215
Well the sa15 doesnt really fit the list while its a great sub that will hamdle 1000rns cleanly ..it only has a 2.5" coil vs the oa and ab...pick which one you like best in a nice custom box ....they willl be audibly indifferent

Well the sa15 doesnt really fit the list while its a great sub that will hamdle 1000rns cleanly ..it only has a 2.5" coil vs the oa and ab...pick which one you like best in a nice custom box ....they willl be audibly indifferent
So if i gave the obsidian and the american bass 1000 watts in the perfect ported box it will be just as loud ??

The obsidian 15 has a 2.5" coil too. The xfl is the only one with a 3" coil

U positive? Im pretty sure the new obsidian. is 3"
I'm not 100% about the v2 about to be released

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

Just checked the site and it still says 2.5" coil

I'm not 100% about the v2 about to be released 

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

Just checked the site and it still says 2.5" coil
yup sure does well dam ...id get the xfl then no doubt

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

i'd go OA just because of the cosmetic appearance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif
Cosmetic ?? was so cosmetically awesome about the oa ? its a plain azz black sub with a yelkow decal lol

OAs use 2.5" VCs. Even the 18s. V2s have better cooling. The coil in my OAs actually say sundown audio on them.

I would run the american bass out of the 3 running on 1000 rms.

OAs use 2.5" VCs. Even the 18s. V2s have better cooling. The coil in my OAs actually say sundown audio on them.

I would run the american bass out of the 3 running on 1000 rms.
Yea i knew the first oa were identical to the sa bc jacob helped on them i didnt know they were still ..but agree id go xfl

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.