Box Frequency

Participant count
  • Participant list

KJThaDon
10+ year member

Can someone help me figure out what this box is tuned to?

I have all the dimensions, but have no idea how to calculate the frequency.

Material

MDF: ¾"

Outside Dimensions

Width: 42 ⅛"

Height: 16 ⅛"

Depth: 26 ¾"

Port Dimensions x3

Width: 12 ⅞"

Height: 2"

Depth: 21 ⅛"

lol yea that could do it,easiest thing to do is play something low like low test tones and see how it sounds start from 20HZ (go easy on the volume) and go up one by one 20HZ all the way up to say 35HZ

lol yea that could do it,easiest thing to do is play something low like low test tones and see how it sounds start from 20HZ (go easy on the volume) and go up one by one 20HZ all the way up to say 35HZ
Good idea! I will do that, thanks.

Anyone else know what it could be tuned to exactly?

Good idea! I will do that, thanks.
Anyone else know what it could be tuned to exactly?
Do what he said but don't just "see how it sounds"

Check for the frequency where there's minimum excursion and that will give you the tuning freq +/- 1hz

I've personally done this before, made a box tuned to 25.5hz and checked for minimum excursion I got it at 26hz. That was because I didn't account for sub displacement, but the box on its own would've been tuned a little lower.

Under the tuning freq subs experience higher uncontrolled excursion, over it it's controlled excursion, at it there is none. Although obviously you will get a little excursion unless it's tuned to the third decimal place lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.