New 6.5 speakers, need amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

KJThaDon
10+ year member

I am going to get 2 PAIRS of these speakers

Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 6030cs 6.5-Inch 270-Watt Two-Way Component System: Car Electronics

I need an amp to match up with them for power. Since they're 2ohm each, would 4 of them be a 2 ohm load to each channel on a 4ch amp like the picture below?

View attachment 26542825

Is this a good amp to go with them then?

SoundStorm F4.400 (f4400) 400W RMS, Force Series 4-Channel

Can someone give me some recommendations on a good amp to power these. Should I run new speaker wire to all doors, or just use the factory?

Thanks

Sweet thanks ill check that one out tonight. What would be my ohm load if I have 4 of them, @2ohm each? 2 ohm? Only reason I picked that ssl is because it had good reviews and matched up well for the infintys. I would like to wire each speaker to its own channel on a 4 ch

Sweet thanks ill check that one out tonight. What would be my ohm load if I have 4 of them, @2ohm each? 2 ohm? Only reason I picked that ssl is because it had good reviews and matched up well for the infintys. I would like to wire each speaker to its own channel on a 4 ch
If you run each speaker to it's own channel and they are single voice coil speakers, the impedance will never change... So if they are 2 ohm speakers, the amp will run at 2 ohms per channel... And don't be afraid to get a quality amp with a little bit more power, headroom is nice to have and it won't be an issue if you set the gains properly...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.