My amp wont turn on help!!!!!!

Nutdawg651

CarAudio.com Elite
I have a rockford fosgate p6002 I was running the amp for one day then it just cut out no power at all I checked the power supply transistors and they read 0s I called rockford ordered new ones and soldered them in the amp still wont turn on and im still reading 0s but only on the power side everything inside the amp is good no blown caps all other transistors read well transformer is good nothing loose and not a smell to it idk wat to do im stuck please help

So you just put in new mosfets and expected it to work?

Mosfets have driver circuits and the PWM control IC that drive those circuits all has to be working or you will have no luck just replacing mosfets. That's not how you repair amplifiers. More to it than just replacing mosfets. Who recommended to just replace the mosfets? Rockford?? Surely not.

So you just put in new mosfets and expected it to work?
Mosfets have driver circuits and the PWM control IC that drive those circuits all has to be working or you will have no luck just replacing mosfets. That's not how you repair amplifiers. More to it than just replacing mosfets. Who recommended to just replace the mosfets? Rockford?? Surely not.
actually I went in and did some trouble shooting and it was only the fets on the power supply side its been working since the day I posted this but thanks for your input , not needed tho I asked for help not someone to ***** like an *******

You have a multimeter? See If amp is getting power,remote,and ground. Something so simple is usually over looked. Loose ground can cause an amp to not come on. A grounding out remote line can cause it to. Make sure no cuts in wires. Good ground. Fuses on amp itself.

actually I went in and did some trouble shooting and it was only the fets on the power supply side its been working since the day I posted this but thanks for your input , not needed tho I asked for help not someone to ***** like an *******
Whatever, you got lucky that it worked, 99% of the time bad drivers and more, not just bad mosfets. People act like I don't know wtf I am talking about or something.... Misinformed to say the least. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I just see people try to do exactly what you did all the time, and it always = fail.

Whatever, you got lucky that it worked, 99% of the time bad drivers and more, not just bad mosfets. People act like I don't know wtf I am talking about or something.... Misinformed to say the least. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I just see people try to do exactly what you did all the time, and it always = fail.
well watch how you come off to people , I kno all about car audio im just getting into amp repair this is my first repair and was 100 % successfull

im just getting into amp repair this is my first repair and was 100 % successfull
Yeah, well I have a PhD in amp repair. LOL. Just trying to help, starting to remember why I don't come here often anymore...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

that's are good thing your cocky and arrogant by the sounds of your posts

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Yeah, well I have a PhD in amp repair. LOL. Just trying to help, starting to remember why I don't come here often anymore...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
**that's a good thing your cocky and arrogant by the sounds of your posts

that's are good thing your cocky and arrogant by the sounds of your posts 

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

**that's a good thing your cocky and arrogant by the sounds of your posts

That IS a fact. Since day one if you read them all. I do contribute. I don't have the best manners however. ;-)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.