nkrell11's Free Enclosure Designs & Cut Sheet To Whoever Wants One

nkrell11
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alright so today as a way to solve some boredom I designed a ported enclosure for one of the members on the forum and decided that I would like a design. Unfortunately I can only offer ported enclosures or sealed on the off chance that someone wants one my grasp on fourths and sixths are not where I would like them to be at this time and I don't really understand winISD so I'll leave those to people that know them. Also I will clarify that I am not charging for designs if you want one it will be free to you if you love it an enclosure and want to throw me a bone then thanks but payments are not necessary at all.

If you want a design just post in here and I will get to them on a first come first serve basis provided that you provide the proper information. This information includes maximum dimensions, subwoofer(s) being used, power going to the woofers, desired tuning frequency or music preference, slot or aero port, desired volume if you have one, number of baffles can draw up flushed mount as well, additionally if you have a desired port subwoofer orientation that would be useful as well (Ie. Sub up port back, sub back port back etc etc), vehicle type if you don't have a firing preference so I can figure it out, and last but not least your level of woodworking proficiency if you can't cut 45's I'm not very likely to draw them in for you since I account some displacement in when using torres.

If I think of anything else I will ad it to the list, if you don't provide the proper information then I will let you know or ask you to provide it and I will move onto the next person that followed directions if the demand is that large. If you don't want a design or you think my idea is awful please keep your comments to yourself or take them elsewhere. I have designed boxes for people on ROE and a member in the past who bought a design from me was very satisfied.

Lastly the internet at my house is horribly slow and I rely on using wifi from my phone therefore if you need it asap this route is probably not for you today it took more time to upload my work than to draw it as of right now I plan on drawing up as many requests as I can in the evening and then uploading the next day after work when I go to town to work out. I work 6:30 to 3 M-F so please be patient I'll be able to check this post on my phone at work but like I said I won't be able to work until the evening. I will also upload designs that I have done in the pasts tomorrow some might not have cut sheets but some might.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much power they are running to said subwoofer is important too you cannot leave that out, if someone is running extra power to a woofer you need to make the box smaller, visa versa if they are running less power. also you need to figure out if they want SPL/SQL or SQ.

How much power they are running to said subwoofer is important too you cannot leave that out, if someone is running extra power to a woofer you need to make the box smaller, visa versa if they are running less power. also you need to figure out if they want SPL/SQL or SQ.
Thanks for those suggestions I knew I would forget something I did realize that I guess it just slipped my mind I also should have stated that people should request slot ports or aeroports I will update the first post tomorrow.

Not bad. Good to see someone helping out around here.
Thanks anything to keep people away from pre fabs and the RE Calculator.

I have a Skar VVX-10D2 powered by a Kenwood KAC-7205 bridged to 500watts RMS. I built the recommended ported box by Skar (1.44 cu.ft. tuned to 33hz) and its just not doing it for me. I had an old Pioneer Premere 12" (the one with the gold colored bullet heatsink for a dutcap) in a 2 cu.ft. box tuned to 28hz in my old '90 Maxima powered by only a Kenwood KAC-729s at 300watts RMS and that seemed to hit ALOT harder. I couldn't turn it up all the way cause it physically hurt. Nowadays I drive a 2012 Scion XB and I'd like to retain some hatch space. I'd like to retain at LEAST half the hatch area for groceries and such. Could you design a ported enclosure for my Skar VVX-10D2? Or should I just pop a 1000watt amp on this sub/box?

Are you completely against helping with 6th order series bandpass designs?

I know you said you weren't too keen on them but I've never heard one before and I've been researching them for a while so a starting point would be great even if you have very minimal experience with them... because I have none lol.

feel free to ignore this one if you really are against 6th orders but a start would be a great help. Don't bother with a cut sheet for this though, I'd only be using it as a basis for my design because I'm having a hard time finding out where to start.

specs:

Sub: American Bass XFL 1522

Power: Whatever an APSM1500 puts out... so probs around 1300wrms

Wood: 17mm birch structural plywood (about 0.67") + double baffle for sub

Ports: Slot port facing up, sub facing sideways inside

Aims: Good response between 25-45hz, decent output between 20-60hz. I tend to listen to a fair bit of rap when I'm in my car so I do enjoy the lows. I guess it would be an SQL box, don't care much for high numbers on high notes, but I do like loud lows and don't care too much for group delay.

For max dimensions I'm in australia so everything for me is in mm, the conversion factor is 1" = 25.4mm. I have here my max dimensions in mm and the software I use won't let me use inches.

2w3p4l5.png

Like I said, it's completely up to you if you decide to give it a shot but I'm having a hard time finding a starting point. Any help appreciated, otherwise don't worry about it.

Cheers.

Well i will give it a shot I got a 2003 re xxx 15 looking for 30hrtz and i listen to mostly decaf, power will be 2krms and max width is 33" max depth is 20" and height can be up to 24". I want it to sound like everyone talks about these subs, I know from experience they can get loud but i have yet to hear them in a sql box! Thanks ahead of time, I think it's great that your doing this out of the love for audio.

Hello! I have no experience with building boxes or 45s but willing to go for it! Not sure if this helps or if I should go use a measuring tape to find space availability

2004 DODGE DURANGO SPECIFICATIONS

Whatever works best. I have Dodge Durango 5.7L hemi that I will be putting in 2 juggs rated at 1400wrms each. I will be using a vfl 4480.1 at .5 ohm

Room wise- I don't mind using the whole third seat down and the rest of the car for a box. Just depends on how you find it better to design. I planned on removing 3rd row anyways. Tune I would guess 30hz since I listen to rap/hip hop and I like lows including decaf/slowed. SQL would be great but since I see people talk about how its either spl or eq I wouldn't know what to tell you. Once again, space isn't a big issue as long as it stays behind 2nd row. As for position. I've heard subs up port back would sound better. Any suggestions or ?s let me know. Thanks

I was planning on paying someone on here to help me out but found this so why not! Thanks again

I have a Skar VVX-10D2 powered by a Kenwood KAC-7205 bridged to 500watts RMS. I built the recommended ported box by Skar (1.44 cu.ft. tuned to 33hz) and its just not doing it for me. I had an old Pioneer Premere 12" (the one with the gold colored bullet heatsink for a dutcap) in a 2 cu.ft. box tuned to 28hz in my old '90 Maxima powered by only a Kenwood KAC-729s at 300watts RMS and that seemed to hit ALOT harder. I couldn't turn it up all the way cause it physically hurt. Nowadays I drive a 2012 Scion XB and I'd like to retain some hatch space. I'd like to retain at LEAST half the hatch area for groceries and such. Could you design a ported enclosure for my Skar VVX-10D2? Or should I just pop a 1000watt amp on this sub/box?
If you could get me dimensions of what you currently have so I don't draw you the same thing again I can help you out or also I need some maximum dimensions of your hatch area. I can try to draw something up that is in the middle volume wise so that you could always increase power down the road I feel like the pioneer should have been louder than the skaar especially since you are now in a hatchback which are generally easier to get louder.

Well i will give it a shot I got a 2003 re xxx 15 looking for 30hrtz and i listen to mostly decaf, power will be 2krms and max width is 33" max depth is 20" and height can be up to 24". I want it to sound like everyone talks about these subs, I know from experience they can get loud but i have yet to hear them in a sql box! Thanks ahead of time, I think it's great that your doing this out of the love for audio.
What type of vehicle is this going in I feel like it's going to be a trunk but 24 seems really tall for a trunk lmk so I can figure out the firing direction of the port and subs.

Are you completely against helping with 6th order series bandpass designs?I know you said you weren't too keen on them but I've never heard one before and I've been researching them for a while so a starting point would be great even if you have very minimal experience with them... because I have none lol. Feel free to ignore this one if you really are against 6th orders but a start would be a great help..
Sorry man I really don't have the skills yet and a poor design can really mess up your woofers.

Hello! I have no experience with building boxes or 45s but willing to go for it! Not sure if this helps or if I should go use a measuring tape to find space availability2004 DODGE DURANGO SPECIFICATIONS

Whatever works best. I have Dodge Durango 5.7L hemi that I will be putting in 2 juggs rated at 1400wrms each. I will be using a vfl 4480.1 at .5 ohm

Room wise- I don't mind using the whole third seat down and the rest of the car for a box. Just depends on how you find it better to design. I planned on removing 3rd row anyways. Tune I would guess 30hz since I listen to rap/hip hop and I like lows including decaf/slowed. SQL would be great but since I see people talk about how its either spl or eq I wouldn't know what to tell you. Once again, space isn't a big issue as long as it stays behind 2nd row. As for position. I've heard subs up port back would sound better. Any suggestions or ?s let me know. Thanks

I was planning on paying someone on here to help me out but found this so why not! Thanks again
What size juggs are these and I'm assuming they are mmats just double checking. I'll look at the link and see what I can draw up for you or if I can't figure it out I will ask you for dimensions I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to keep it behind the third row but we will see.

I will try and get these all out tomorrow thanks for your patience and your interests in this thread.

Here are some of the boxes that I have drawn in the past if you are in a rush for a fast design or if you don't need a general design.

Enclosure for DD 2515 3ft^3 33Hz

Enclosure for 2 DC M2 15's 7ft^3 34.5Hz

Enclosure for FI SP4 7.9ft^3 31.75Hz

Enclosure for 2 PSI/Type X hybrid 12's 3.8ft^3 34Hz

Enclosure for 2 SA-12's 4ft^3 31.7Hz

Enclosure for Soundstream T7 2.25ft^3 33.25Hz

Enclosure for SP4 18 8ft^3 32Hz The person that bought the design built the first one though since I wasn't positive on the port for reasons I don't remember.

Thanks For Doing This. Nice To Help Out People. Good Karma Is On Your Way. One Word Of Advise Be CARFULL Using Your Cell Phone As Wifi, If its Not On Your Cell Phone Plan Its So Easy To Go over your Data Limit. I Personally Went 100 Bucks Over And MyOld Girlfriend had 500.00$ of Overcharges In One Month Using Her Phones Wi Fi To Surf The Web. Just Be Carful Lol That **** ***** When It Happens.

What I designed today for an AT Strato 15 in a Tiburon 3.85ft^3 net, 33Hz tune and 15.75in/ft^3 of port area.

I just built a box for my tiburon 35.5w/15.5h/22d and I'm going to have to go through this weekend and round edges and sand down a corner of the double baffle to get it to fit and the rear seats to latch shut. So he will probablly have to do the same.

If you could design one to my current dimensions for an AQ HDC315 on 2200 watts. Sub up/ Slot Port up or forward (whichever you think would sound louder)

I listen to alot of Decaf so tuning lower than my current 35 wouldn't hurt.

My box is 4.0 cuft, heard thats what these like with ~16sqin per cuft of port

Also idk if double baffle flush mount or bracing would be better or if it makes a difference.

I can cut 45's, the one in the pic is 2.75" the point of the port to the 45 is 3.25"

Heres a pic:

http://s1141.photobucket.com/user/Tmartin1475/media/aqboxwithdim2_zpsce1d8e1c.png.html

After messing around on sketchup i think i made my port close to 26.5" long with that 45 messing up my tuning. Is it possible to just cut another 20.5"w piece ~10.5 inches long and butt it up to the existing port to lower my tuning or should I just worry about it when I build the box for the 2200 watt amp? (this is for my overrated 1k amp)

(final edit) ofc i cant stretch port cause i would lose box volume

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...