Best 8" SQ sub opinion

Funny as it sounds I'm trying to help my dad pick out a sub for his motorhome. He does NOT want something loud. He just wants it to sound good. So I'm going to set him up with a 8" sub in a sealed box, I'm thinking 150-200 RMS. I want to get the best sq sub I can find so he's happy with it. I'm thinking maybe the image dynamics ID 8 or maybe a dayton audio? Let me know if you have experience with either of these subs or i will take any suggestions. So what do you guys think? what is the best sound quality reasonably priced 8" sub around 150-200 rms?

JBL GTO 8, it was used in a world championship SQ car. Or Dayton
I have an ID8 but I haven't tested it out yet.
Really the JBL is that good of sound quality? It's only like $60 so if its that good than that would definitely be an option. Let me know about the ID8 also. I've seen good things online but Im curious about your personal opinion

Usually JBL's lower priced stuff is garbage
I haven't ever heard the GTO 8 in person, but I've seen a few good reviews on it on other forums. It's obviously not going to want a ton of power; it's more of a SQ woofer.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Haven't heard of them lol
Hybrid Audio Technologies = HAT

I haven't ever heard the GTO 8 in person, but I've seen a few good reviews on it on other forums. It's obviously not going to want a ton of power; it's more of a SQ woofer. 

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Hybrid Audio Technologies = HAT
Yeah it will only be getting 150 rms I believe.

I've heard good things about dayton also. But the one that is 150 rms didn't look to great compared to the others. Anyone have a dayton model to suggest? I don't want to get one more than 200 rms because I won't have the power to push it

Really the JBL is that good of sound quality? It's only like $60 so if its that good than that would definitely be an option. Let me know about the ID8 also. I've seen good things online but Im curious about your personal opinion
I'm running 2 of them in my trunk setup on 400 watts for the pair and I have to tell you, these things really sound great sealed and ported.

I keep thinking I want to change to a pair of 10's or a single 12, but honestly, I can't justify it, The GTO804's just sound great.

I'm running 2 of them in my trunk setup on 400 watts for the pair and I have to tell you, these things really sound great sealed and ported.I keep thinking I want to change to a pair of 10's or a single 12, but honestly, I can't justify it, The GTO804's just sound great.
Does it get really low? How does the sq compare to other sq subs you've had/heard?

JBL GTO 8, it was used in a world championship SQ car. Or Dayton
I have an ID8 but I haven't tested it out yet.
Agree, the JBL GTO 8 is great for the price. I had two of them running off of 500 watts and they handled it nicely, I was extremely satisfied with them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.