mechman or dc power alt

How are the Excessive Amperage alts? My friend is just looking for a good reliable alt for his Infinti FX 35 to power his system

yeah, the price for an alt will change drastically from car to car.

I just bought a mechman 240amp alt over a DC power 270 amp I think it was, simply cause of price tag. @VertexAudio; hooked me up and it was about 200 less than the DC alt.

Never heard anything but great reviews of the DC alts though. if they're the same price I would honestly pick the DC honestly.

So DC makes the better alts? With what he's running would 250 amps be good enough for the fosgate 2500.1?
With DC you pay for the machined case. Its not that big of a deal. DC screwed me over. Sent a alt after I waited 6 weeks for it, it didnt fit, they argued with me for a few days even after I sent them a picture of it side by side with the one that came off, after two more weeks they gave me a refund. I ran Excessive for a few years, a 200 amp and it supported my setup. The singer I have now is 100 amps larger so I cant really compare the two. Both do good work, Excessive was very fast, Singer is much larger but a longer wait.

I see a lot of guys ae starting to run the Singer alts. Think i will email him to see what's the price and if he will ship to Canada. thanks gusy for the input. I hear DC makes good alts but they are overpriced as well.

I see a lot of guys ae starting to run the Singer alts. Think i will email him to see what's the price and if he will ship to Canada. thanks gusy for the input. I hear DC makes good alts but they are overpriced as well.
I tried twice to get a quote from singer. hope you have better luck! I have also hear good things about singer, as well as tenny, excessive amperage, ohio generator.. all should get the job done! but typically you get what you pay for, to a certain extent.

I tried twice to get a quote from singer. hope you have better luck! I have also hear good things about singer, as well as tenny, excessive amperage, ohio generator.. all should get the job done! but typically you get what you pay for, to a certain extent.
Tenny has had many QC and very late shipping problems

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.