corolla electrical

Participant count
  • Participant list
x2 SA-8's and up to 1600w rms or so (not that you will really need that much power) Should do fine on a GOOD healthy run of OFC zero gauge, and Big 3 upgraded the same... I've ran 2k rms on a stock 85 amp alt and stock batt with nothing more than good OFC zero gauge to the rear and Big 3 with very minimal dimming of my lights at night if I was really pushing it hard ;-)

the 1200 is a decent amp, but are you doing the SA-8 v.2's, D2 or D4? It's going to come down to you wiring the set to either 1 ohm = D4 or / 2 ohm = D2 final load (Yes you CAN also wire these to .5, but I wouldn't suggest that)? This should be considered before you pick the amp you want to power them...

Its a toyota so if its like the rest you are already limited to the mid 13v range. Just cause the head lights are not dimming does not mean your electrical is not struggling. I wouldnt run more then 800 watts with a alt upgrade, which will be enough for a pair of 8s. You could do a single 12 in the same space and get more output from lower power. Maybe even a 15.

Its a toyota so if its like the rest you are already limited to the mid 13v range. Just cause the head lights are not dimming does not mean your electrical is not struggling. I wouldnt run more then 800 watts with a alt upgrade, which will be enough for a pair of 8s. You could do a single 12 in the same space and get more output from lower power. Maybe even a 15.
800 on a single SA-12 ported wouldn't sound too bad I bet...

another dbl post wtf?! sh1t keeps timing out on me... grrrrr - Sorry about that OP

I'm not really set on one particular setup, I'd like two 8's but if a 12 is louder and cheaper then I'll go with that. Not sure on the wiring but I heard that 2/4 ohms is easier on the electrical than 1 ohm is that right?

My 02 corolla has a 600.2 for highs and a 1500.1 on two12"s and have no real electrical issues, stock alt one yellow top and the big three and I might see high 11's for a second here and there full tilt but mainly mid 12's.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

I'm not really set on one particular setup, I'd like two 8's but if a 12 is louder and cheaper then I'll go with that. Not sure on the wiring but I heard that 2/4 ohms is easier on the electrical than 1 ohm is that right?
A little easier but it really depends on the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.