Decent 10" sub for $100?

autobotguy

Hey there folks.

I've been out of the car stereo scene for quite a few years, but I still know all the basics. I recently got a new Scion XB and I'm needing a little bump in the hatch. I just picked up a new Kenwood KAC-7205 amp which will do 500watts RMS at 4ohms. What I'm needing is a 10" sub that will play nice with this power and in a .75 cu.ft. sealed box. I'm currently looking at the Pioneer Premier TS-W2502D2 as I have run Pioneer Premier subs in the past. Is this considered a decent sub nowadays, or should I keep looking. I listen to just about everything (been favoring electronic music lately) except country and teeny bopper crap. I want to keep the box on the small side so I have some room in the hatch are for tools and the random junk. Any comments or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

That Pioneer sub should do a fine job. $100 for that is a **** steal. An Alpine Type S would probably be easy to find in that price range as well. One that I offer is the JBL GTO line, and the 12" in a vented prefab box I ran for a few months did a surprisingly good job.

That Pioneer sub should do a fine job. $100 for that is a **** steal. An Alpine Type S would probably be easy to find in that price range as well. One that I offer is the JBL GTO line, and the 12" in a vented prefab box I ran for a few months did a surprisingly good job.
I agree the JBL's would be my choice. I'm not sure where your at,but I do have a new pair of JBL CS1020's with a enclosure if interested. I'd sell them for 85.00 that's what I paid for them. Good luck eitherway.

I would suggest the skar vvx 10" these are better subs than any of the ones mentioned yet and they are in blow out for $120 each. these are comparable to the sundown sa which is higher than the sundown SD series
Good deal. But I don't think they'd like a sealed box that small or at all for that matter. The VVX is definitely a sub you want to run ported. Had a 12" for a while and it got low and loud but that was in 2.25 cubes tuned at 32. I don't think I would've gotten much output had it been in sealed.

Good deal. But I don't think they'd like a sealed box that small or at all for that matter. The VVX is definitely a sub you want to run ported. Had a 12" for a while and it got low and loud but that was in 2.25 cubes tuned at 32. I don't think I would've gotten much output had it been in sealed.
I am running dual vvx 15 on sealed and it still slams and can hit the low notes better

20130303_142354_zps1bc34add.jpg

20130303_142344_zpse3f25fd2.jpg

I'd love to pick up one of those Skar subs, but apparently you have to do 10 legitimate posts on that forum to access just 1 pm privilege. I understand that this is to deture scammers, but holy hell that is restrictive. Is there any way just to pm them on this forum instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get the latest Alpine Type-S. I believe you get 15mm xmax, 500watt power handling, and underhung voice coil for about $100. Not a bad deal. 0.7cu ft would be pretty much perfect for it.

I'd love to pick up one of those Skar subs, but apparently you have to do 10 legitimate posts on that forum to access just 1 pm privilege. I understand that this is to deture scammers, but holy hell that is restrictive. Is there any way just to pm them on this forum instead?
Kevin@SkarAudio.com for email or could just order one

" $120 SHIPPED per Subwoofer. All of them are brand new. 1 Year Warranty included with purchase.

PayPal to sales@skaraudio.com the amount based on the qty you want and please leave a note with which voice coil you would like."

Alright-yo! I ordered up one of the Skar VVX 10-D2 subwoofers via the paypal address with a note as to that it was for and my work shipping address. Anyone know roughly how long their shipping takes? I'm anxious as I'm going to tear my interior apart and lay down some deadening material and coat the pillars/headliner with either black suede or black velvet. Oh...and pre-build the box as well. Perhaps I'll do a small ported box with an upward facing port.

Alright-yo! I ordered up one of the Skar VVX 10-D2 subwoofers via the paypal address with a note as to that it was for and my work shipping address. Anyone know roughly how long their shipping takes? I'm anxious as I'm going to tear my interior apart and lay down some deadening material and coat the pillars/headliner with either black suede or black velvet. Oh...and pre-build the box as well. Perhaps I'll do a small ported box with an upward facing port.
congratulations you wont be sorry those VVX slams pretty good don't worry about other Skar Haters if you ask them if there are problem with the subs performance they wont be able to comment they just don't like the owner for some reason

[quote name='naughtyca']congratulations you wont be sorry those VVX slams pretty good don't worry about other Skar Haters if you ask them if there are problem with the subs performance they wont be able to comment they just don't like the owner for some reason[/QUOTE]

So why would you buy a sub that supports a dbag owner, especially when you can get the same driver from a different company (sundown), or one better suited to this application (the above mentioned Type-R, Dayton, @SPLaudio ;,IDmax, etc.)?

Good job recommending the wrong sub for the job... Nice one, guys. He asked for a sub that would do nice sealed in a small box and you recommend a SPL based sub made for ported boxes.

From now on try to give good advice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.