I can't adjust bass & treble while driving?

scotdc

Hello from a guy who hasn't bought a car stereo in 30 years!

Just installed an Alpine W535HD DVD receiver in my Mustang, and I'm loving the sound with the kicking V9 Alpine amp and Boston Acoustics components. My installer set up the head units EQ pretty well across the board.

But as you guys know, source material can vary greatly which is amplified by a great system, so when I began listening to a different album it sounded a little muddy and could use some treble boost.

But.... there is no bass and treble control. It looks like I have to go into the EQ settings and adjust it there. Which means I have to park my car, apply the hand brake, and go from there.

What!!!??

Is there any way to adjust bass and treble while driving? What about just being able to change between presets on the EQ settings?

Something I can download? Little known insider guru button presses? Buy the fancy Alpine remote control?

Help me out if you can! This just seems downright silly to me that I can't tweak bass/treble on the fly - it's the most basic of functions, isn't it?

Yes, thank you, I have the manual and it tells me that I have to park, hand brake and so on to adjust settings. That's why I asked you guys, is there a way around this that the manual doesn't tell me. Thanks for looking.

Yes, thank you, I have the manual and it tells me that I have to park, hand brake and so on to adjust settings. That's why I asked you guys, is there a way around this that the manual doesn't tell me. Thanks for looking.
You can get a bypass. They are cheap and easy to hook up

Awesome! Thank you for the solution to what I need. I just didn't know this type of bypass existed.

I am all over it like white on rice!

My Jvc was the same way, I believe I just grounded the parking brake lead and that allowed it to do all functions no matter what.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.