rumble sound from subs when i turn on/off cd player and when i turn bass knob up

Participant count
  • Participant list

Haystak
10+ year member

ill start with saying i have a sundown audio saz-2500, two DD 2512s ported bbox, optima yellow top, 0 gauge streetwire wiring kit.

ground is connected to a seatbelt bolt in back seat.

from subs to amp i using 8gauge..theres terminals on my amp so i basically have both wired seperatly at 2 ohm each...(pos to pos to pos neg to neg to neg) so if im right that equals 1ohm load

problem: when i turn the bass knob up i head a rumbling sound (only first few notches on knob though) and when i turn the cd player on (when amp turns on) you hear kind of a pop sound

i understand...but it has two sets of terminals that are internally connected.....so if i do Option 1 (parallel) = 2 ohm load Voice coils wired in parallel

so if i do that to both and have each connected to their own terminal that would make 1ohm...right? or do i have to wire the subs together? and i dont have a DMM :/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.