Slow Build for RD 7500.1 running 2 12s (mayhems maybe or something else) MK2 Jetta

jockhater2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Head Unit Pioneer P99RS

3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground (done)

1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars (done)

380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford) (just need to get the ford one squared away)

RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch Ascendant Audio Mayhems (might go up for sale)

Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (and might build a PR set up too to play with)

Audison LRx 6.9k on Morel MDT-29 tweeters, RS100-4 full ranges & RS225-8 Dayton midbasses

So yeah. This will be a slow build. Because I wanna pull the motor first and look some stuff over.

But I encountered the first problem that I figured was going to happen. Once I got my front end off and out of the the way. I grabbed the 2nd alternator that I haven't put in the car. I set it where it is going to go...and my stupid front sub-frame gets in the way. The alternator bolts up. but...I'd like some more room. As the alternator literally touches the sub frame. So I will have to get that solved.

But this will be a slow build. I have all summer to get it done. So don't hold your breath.

Rust will be my greatest enemy in this project.

I will put up pics of everything as they roll along. I already have everything. Just debating now on whether running my mayhems on the RD7500.1 @ .7 ohms or switching to subs that are built for that kind of power.

2ppwpa8.jpg

Just had to ship my subs to Corey at SPL audio. They are getting some upgrades.

I'd have that motor out if my family didn't constantly have broken cars.

Just had to ship my subs to Corey at SPL audio. They are getting some upgrades.

I'd have that motor out if my family didn't constantly have broken cars.

I got a good jump on the whole thing. All the interior is out and dash is apart.

But I ran out of speaker wire. I ordered a 50ft roll when I should have ordered a 100ft. And I needed another 2 channel RCA for the 6 channel amp.

Could be a lot farther if my brother would help me get the engine out. It's on the hoist and suspended. But I need his help with getting it out.

Ok. So. Used 4 cans total of engine De-greaser on my engine bay and engine. Got a lot of it really really clean.

Going to spray some truck bed coating along the engine bay over some of the rust.

And then I have a surprise that I am going to be doing.

Right now. I am waiting on funds $$$. So broke after buying all these parts. And I need to buy some more. So until then. I will keep making progress on other things. But I do really want to get the engine back in.

Ok. So. Used 4 cans total of engine De-greaser on my engine bay and engine. Got a lot of it really really clean.Going to spray some truck bed coating along the engine bay over some of the rust.

And then I have a surprise that I am going to be doing.

Right now. I am waiting on funds $$$. So broke after buying all these parts. And I need to buy some more. So until then. I will keep making progress on other things. But I do really want to get the engine back in.
Nice, man. Sounds like a fun build.

Nice, man. Sounds like a fun build.
2nd time I have pulled a motor. First time that I remember doing it and on my own (with the help of a friend). Once all cleaned up and engine goes back in. I will start working on the 2nd alternator install.

How's it going Adam? Doing well I hope!

Thanks for the post. LOL. No love yet on this build.

We want to see more pix, this sounds like a solid build.
Uploading pics right now. I didn't before because I figured no one would give to shirts.

F.Y.I. Check the begging of the thread for a before and after of my engine bay.

And I am still going to do more. I hopefully do it this weekend. For now I just gave it a coating of bed liner.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.