Experiences with Craigslist?

Rhythm
10+ year member

Wondering what type of experiences you have had when dealing with Craigslist ads.

I've been reading, doing research, and trying to learn about car audio for the past year and am thinking that I might be ready to get serious and start finding pieces for my car.

I'm trying not to go overboard (I don't need a 1k+ system to be happy) and buying used seems like a good idea.

Thoughts?

First time I dealt on CL I was stupid and trusting I got ripped off on an amp that was blown after that I check everything before I give up any money if they don't want you to check product chances are they're no good

Wondering what type of experiences you have had when dealing with Craigslist ads.
I've been reading, doing research, and trying to learn about car audio for the past year and am thinking that I might be ready to get serious and start finding pieces for my car.

I'm trying not to go overboard (I don't need a 1k+ system to be happy) and buying used seems like a good idea.

Thoughts?
Craigslist by us usually always has some good stuff forsale just make sure u test everything

In the last year I've probably bought, sold, and traded 20 times. Only got burnt once but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to check the amp. I always take a dmm to check subs. Just check stuff

If I was in your shoes I'd buy used off of here (ebay or another ca forum) from a reputable seller. CL could be cheaper but the chances of you getting ripped off are greater. Obv you don't have anything set up so you'd be unable to test it, therefore you need the seller to be in a position to test it for you which isn't always available.

Like everyone said, go buy a dmm and check everything. Meet up at in a public place. Last but not least, if you feel something is not right with the deal, you are probably right.

Thoughts?
I bought my front component speakers from CL and couldn't have been happier. My only problem was that I had to drive an hour there and then back to get them. Can save u a lot of money and it helps if they still have the receipt and original boxes to show u they had bought them brand new. In my case my speakers were still covered by JLs manufacture warrenty... I even called jl to confirm this before I made the deal with him after he read me the serial number.

Just keep in mind if a deal seems too good to be true it very well might be a scam.

eh wouldnt say ebay for used. trusted members off here are your best bet. Although there are some excellent steals on craigslist. make sure you hook up a sub to check for coil rub as well as dmm for coils.

only been burnt once and it was my fault for not trying the amp other then that desperate people that need fast cash sell on cl so you can always find good deals

like everyone said, make sure it works- kind of bump amps, radios etc to make sure there isn't something cutting in and out. also meet like a gas statio,etc during the day time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.