got a cvr and don't know if its powerful and strong

Hey guys....so I'm a noob....I recently got myself a 10cvr142....after giving my w305f away(good sub for the cash).....so yeah....I wanna knw if this kicker will knock hard n low in a 3cube seald box like the pioneer did...and have anyone got info on targa monoblocks? I knw ill probly need a strong amp for this kicker....and seriously guys I want honest pros and cons

It's kicker.... Enough said bro. Sorry but I dont think it'll knock "hard and low" and if it does it'll sound like ****. And **** just order a Hifonics amp, your bangin kickers why waste the money on a good amp.

don't listen to that guy... don't knock it till you try it just cuz you hate the brand. key words here.... "but I don't think"... I had 2 kicker cvr 12's in the trunk of my Camaro ported and the spl on those things will hit harder than you will expect... they need about 400 rms... but will easily take much more... they will eat away at any power you give to them. idk about sealed... I would personally go ported... if your looking for sql... not the way to go.

if you have a Kicker CVR, i wouldn't even give it one watt over rated RMS. Personally, i would sell the Kicker and look at the caraudio.com classifieds. all of my equipment is used and i couldn't be happier with it... i also probably saved about 60% off of retail if i were to buy them new.

i disagree with REDz28 when he suggests a Hifonics amp.. if you can come across one of the older models, then go for it. but as far as the newer ones go, i'd stay away.

the Kicker CVR can get low in the right enclosure, but better can be had for the money. there's a reason why i **** talk Kicker in threads where they are brought up. I've never run one but have plenty of friends who have... they think it sounds great, but they've obviously never heard anything else. They want bass just to rattle their car, not to listen to music.

they need about 400 rms... but will easily take much more... they will eat away at any power you give to them.
No. Only give them around 400 a pc. Anymore and you'll almost certainly cook the coil. Kicker CVR's aren't exactly known for their immense power handling. Lol! In fact most Kickers I've ran I won't go much past the listed rms. Most of the time they get stinky pretty quick. I used to think they were good budget woofers for 80-90 bucks a pc. but with everything that's out now in that price range or a little above I'd stay away from the Kickers nooblet.

No. Only give them around 400 a pc. Anymore and you'll almost certainly cook the coil. Kicker CVR's aren't exactly known for their immense power handling. Lol! In fact most Kickers I've ran I won't go much past the listed rms. Most of the time they get stinky pretty quick. I used to think they were good budget woofers for 80-90 bucks a pc. but with everything that's out now in that price range or a little above I'd stay away from the Kickers nooblet.
the bold.

but i'm not going to call you nooblet, we were all new at one point.

from your original posting OP, there are many more negatives about Kickers in general IMO than there are positives. however i've heard good things about some of their amps.

^^ agreed... your not going to impress anyone on this site with a cvr... but the sound they make will be decent for the avg everyday person

Hey he asked for honest opinion I just gave my 2 cents. You can't push any kicker sub over there rms without burnt voice coils. I'd stay away from them. There's plenty of other better options

alternatives to your kicker sub:

sundown sa

skar ivx(I think) or vvx

audioque 2.0

dc level 2

american bass xo

some of the funkin audio subs for sale on diymas page

diamond audio d3

plenty of choices though..

ampwise:

hifonics

mb quart

vvme

audiopipe

lower model soundstreams

not much a point in sealed as being a newer person and not really knowledgeable, i'd try to sell your sub locally... wait and read up and get informed on here and then make a choice and have someone design your box like buck or pro or ram in the vendor section. Plenty of people will do it for free as well though and you'll have a nice simple ported box that'll give you more output if you're wanting more.. "umph" from your sub instead of pure sound quality.

Sorry im not that much help but that is best I could offer while doing other things.

Thanks for the advice guys....I heard dds before...in a ported enclosure,in a toyota tazz....n **** it hard,I think it was the 12" 350rms one.....but then I heard a kicker 10cvr124 in a sealed box in a friends conquest....n it was louder and more terrifying.....n thts what made me lean towards kicker.....I do think tht sound quality aint as good as pioneer/infinity etc...but it made my chest/throat hurt....btw both were single subs....

Thanks for the advice guys....I heard dds before...in a ported enclosure,in a toyota tazz....n **** it hard,I think it was the 12" 350rms one.....but then I heard a kicker 10cvr124 in a sealed box in a friends conquest....n it was louder and more terrifying.....n thts what made me lean towards kicker.....I do think tht sound quality aint as good as pioneer/infinity etc...but it made my chest/throat hurt....btw both were single subs....
If I fact 1 10" kicker was a heart ponder to you then maybe you should just stick with that. I myself started with two kicker comps on 500 watts. And been searching for the next best thing after that. This hobby is pretty addictive and I don't know if it the same for everyone but after having a set up for a few months I need more and seem to be getting immune to my current set up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

faeezhio

faeezhio
cape town, SA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BoomBoxStereo