TC Sounds 15" TC1000/EPIC/RL-i/TC2+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciaonzo
5,000+ posts

TheContinental
WI
Item(s) for Sale:

Old school US built 15" TC1000/EPIC/RL-i/TC2+, all the same. D4 coils.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

A true unicorn among TC products, ultra rare and ultra SQ. Very highly sought after driver. Dead silent suspension and awesome output capability. Thrives on very little power and easily absorbs more serious power. Check out the specs below. I regret that it has some dings on the cone from loose items during shipment to me. I never let it bother me because I was so tickled to have even found one of these. I tried to capture them in the photos. Still presents very well and operates flawlessly. Moving soon and cutting down a little bit, get it while I'm weak in the brain.

Specs:

Fs - 15.6hz

Qts - .346

Qes - .381

Qms - 3.82

Sd - 320mm dia.

Vas - 393l

Bl - 15.01Tm

Mms - 283g

Cms - 433um/N

SPL - 87.8dB

The TC-1000 is the ideal driver for anyone looking for powerful clean bass with superb quality for either the home or mobile environment. With a standard 135 ounce magnet structure, 2" wide all aluminum 4 layer voice coil, and over 2" of highly linear excursion, this driver simply obliterates the competition. Its innate low distortion quality makes it seemly intended for high fidelity applications, but because of its high efficiency, impressive power handling and class leading displacement, the TC-1000 simply embarrasses retail SPL drivers with motors half its size! It can handle 400 watts of continuous power, but don’t be afraid to feed it 1000 clean watts as the voice coil will harness that power and deliver surprising sound pressure levels.

Advanced FEA Motor System

Double stacked 1" tall ferrite magnets and bored T-yoke for long throw

135oz top grade magnet structure

Anti-flux modulation copper shorting ring to lower distortion

Low carbon steel used for the gap plate and t-yoke

Pole vent for lower distortion and cooling capabilities.

divide6.gif

Advanced high excursion soft part system

High excursion 8.0" linear roll poly-cotton spider

Intergraded woven leads to prevent lead-slap

2" diameter, 4-layer aluminum wire voice coil with an anodized aluminum former

Single or dual 3.7Ω (4 ohm nominal) voice coil configuration

Lightweight brushed and powder coated aluminum cone

1" wide long throw, highly durable NBR surround

High quality thermal flexible epoxies to ensure longevity

divide6.gif

Performance

Effective motor force of 60 Newtons2 per watt (BL2/Re)

400 watts continuous power (1200 watts peak)

24mm BL XMax (voice coil, one-way)

37mm XMech (mechanically limited, one-way)

Price:

$300 shipped, CONUS.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

CONUS only, please.

Item Pictures:

Last edited by a moderator:
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/awesome.gif.4430a219d9aaaa6cadc75e9290979dfb.gif

please stop this XD, this would go quite well in my HT. decisions decisions...

Matt

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/awesome.gif.4430a219d9aaaa6cadc75e9290979dfb.gif
please stop this XD, this would go quite well in my HT. decisions decisions...

Matt
You're all over the place, bro. lol

lol, i kno. i wont clutter your thread tho. but this is one sick sub. i have a Tapped Horn in my shed that this thing would destroy in. :-(

Matt

you should give it to me so I can dispose of it
ZOMG, is such creamy smooth bass, though. Loud with low distortions, from low power.
Made my bad day better with that one, lol. Thanks, man.

holy Fs of 15.. wow:emb:
Just keeps diggin', lol.
Looking for any trades my friend?
Would love to but I'm preparing for a move and positioning for other purchases, so cash only for now. Really sorry bro, you got some nice shiz.

Making a big UPS run tomorrow, would love to send this out to someone! Who wants it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...