pioneer park brake wire question

musclesoh92467

could anyone tell me if i have the correct diagram for wiring a parking brake bypass on a pioneer avh-1500 and will this enable to use dvd player anytime also i have my amp blue wire connected to my radio ignition wire so do i need to reconnect that or leave that way it is if i follow this diagram ? thanks

Dvd only turns on when the parking brake is on? My guess would be that when the brake is engaged it either completes a ground or sends a remote signal, just replicate that into the did player harness. That way you brake dash light wouldn't be on. I feel as though I'm not making any sense.

Yea the switch sounds like good idea..so connecting park brake wire to a ground should accomplish samthing? I just wondered if thats so why anyone buys a bypass or relay if simply attachin to ground??

I just did this to my avh-p2400bt, bought a $10 relay off ebay that tricks it into working at all times, grounding the parking break wire wont work on Pioneer
grounding pioneer works with toggle switch. I have done it on avh-x8500bhs,avh-x5500,avh4300dvd, avh3200 an avh3300bt

been a few years since I did last 2 pioneers I listed hope I got model numbers right

Yea the switch sounds like good idea..so connecting park brake wire to a ground should accomplish samthing? I just wondered if thats so why anyone buys a bypass or relay if simply attachin to ground??
My most recent Pioneer did need a ground, but not a constant ground. You need to be able to interrupt it to make the screen active. Just wire it through a simple toggle switch to ground. You will need to just throw the switch back and forth (open to closed) after the player powers up. The "black box" they sell on eBay and such is just that on a time delay so it flicks after the unit powers up.

If you're not sure what I mean, just hook it up and hold the P-brake wire in your hand and see what happens when you ground it at various times.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.