Question on USB thumb drive functionality

radckh

CO
I want to replace the stock stereo in my 2008 Civic and I thought I was going to go for a deck with a rear USB (running the cable into the back of my glove box) and just keep a thumb drive connected to it full time.

But my son tried that with an Alpine deck he bought late last year and has the following problem: The unit does not remember the last song that was played through the thumb drive each time he starts the car. It just starts from the first song on the thumb drive each time.

A guy at a local car stereo place told me that Kenwood stereos handle thumb drives much better than Alpines and that a Kenwood deck would remember the last song played each time the car is started. (He may just have a higher margin on Kenwood decks!)

So I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this and can report on how their deck actually works with a USB thumb drive...

Thanks!

I want to replace the stock stereo in my 2008 Civic and I thought I was going to go for a deck with a rear USB (running the cable into the back of my glove box) and just keep a thumb drive connected to it full time.
But my son tried that with an Alpine deck he bought late last year and has the following problem: The unit does not remember the last song that was played through the thumb drive each time he starts the car. It just starts from the first song on the thumb drive each time.

A guy at a local car stereo place told me that Kenwood stereos handle thumb drives much better than Alpines and that a Kenwood deck would remember the last song played each time the car is started. (He may just have a higher margin on Kenwood decks!)

So I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this and can report on how their deck actually works with a USB thumb drive...

Thanks!
My pioneer remembers the exact moment it left off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My Alpine, Kenwood, and Pioneer start where they are left off with my 16 gig flash drive.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.