JBL MS-62C Midwoofer not working?

Participant count
  • Participant list

-Josh-
10+ year member

I was messing around with the fader on my head-unit today to cut off my rear speakers to just listen to my front stage. So after I adjusted it, I notice that only my tweeters are running and the woofers were out on both sides. I have been careful to not clip the signal due to the fact that they are only being powered by my head-unit right now, so I don't believe that's it. Does anyone know what could have happened and how to fix this?

Wiring is probably wrong. Or they're getting so little power you can't notice it.
When I had them installed, the wiring was done right and they were demoed with the door off and they were running pretty good at that time.

I would go over your wiring. To check if the mids are blown, take a battery and from the leads of the speakers attach the positive to the battery positive. And the negative to the negative. If they work the cone will push out or in depending if you're in phase or not. Only use a small AA or D battery.

I would go over your wiring. To check if the mids are blown, take a battery and from the leads of the speakers attach the positive to the battery positive. And the negative to the negative. If they work the cone will push out or in depending if you're in phase or not. Only use a small AA or D battery.
Alright, thanks. Other than them possibly being blown, do you know what else it could possibly be?

Are you using the crossover? Try changing the fader to middle and put your ear close to the front mids. If you still can't hear them it either is the wiring or the lack of power. They're built to handle a decent amount, and getting so little power from the deck may be the culprit. I doubt they're blown. I'm guessing it's all wiring.

Are you using the crossover? Try changing the fader to middle and put your ear close to the front mids. If you still can't hear them it either is the wiring or the lack of power. They're built to handle a decent amount, and getting so little power from the deck may be the culprit. I doubt they're blown. I'm guessing it's all wiring.
Yes I am using the passive crossover. I will try that and thanks for the help.

After putting the fade in the middle, I hear the mids now in the front. How is it that a lack of power causes me not to hear them when I put the fade all the way to the front?

After putting the fade in the middle, I hear the mids now in the front. How is it that a lack of power causes me not to hear them when I put the fade all the way to the front?
to my understandment, you wired the radio harness speakers backwards. make it Fade all the way to the rear, and let us know if it doesnt change the speakers volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.