What amp should I buy for 2 Pioneer TS-W309D2 subs?

basskill

I just bought 2 Subs for $40 each. I have a 4 door sedan (Acura TL).

All the audio equipment in the car is stock, right now.

I want extremely loud & clear bass. I do not know what amplifier to get and I do not understand any of the terms associated with amp & subs. I am a newbie and doing this for the first time.

What amp should I get for the 2 pioneer TS-W309D2 subs? Any advice is helpful. Also, are these subs good?

not more than a couple of hundred

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

its 2 ohms.

Whats the difference between 2ohm and 4ohm?

I'd give them a 5. they take a pounding as long as you don't over power them and try to get more out of them then they are able to give. For a new guy in the car audio game, These are just fine. Better than many other cheaper crappier brands but they aren't going to compete with many other brands that majority of this community run. Check your messages.

Peak Power handling 1400W
You're new to the game, so let me tell you this - you never, ever, ever need to worry about 'Peak power handling'. Don't even look at it. As far as wattage goes, the only thing you'll want to look at on subwoofers is the RMS rating. Peak power handling is basically a huge number that a lot of manufacturers throw on their subs to make them look more powerful. It's an insignificant number. Only worry about RMS rating - since you have two subwoofers, you'll want to put their RMS rating together and find an amplifier that would match your power requirements well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.