never heard this..

You can do it if you have shield RCA's.

But either way. It is best to run the power/ground wires on the opposite side of your RCA's to AVOID picking up interference.

I know this guy...........he got his stuff installed by some crappy place........they got his RCA and Power cable running together.

He gets random bumps of bass for no reason. When he turns the car off and opens the door ""MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm......." that's what comes out the subs. When he revs the engine, you can hear it in the subs.

What a ******* mess.

I know this guy...........he got his stuff installed by some crappy place........they got his RCA and Power cable running together.
He gets random bumps of bass for no reason. When he turns the car off and opens the door ""MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm......." that's what comes out the subs. When he revs the engine' date=' you can hear it in the subs.

What a ******* mess.[/quote']

That has NOTHING to do with RCA's/power wires on the same side.

As mentioned most good RCA's are shielded and it won't be an issue...

He gets random bumps of bass for no reason. When he turns the car off and opens the door ""MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm......." that's what comes out the subs. When he revs the engine' date=' you can hear it in the subs.

What a ******* mess.[/quote']

Thats from crappy RCAs or a blown Pico fuse if his Headunit is Pioneer.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

how is it not from the RCA/Power zipped tied together......
Because thats not how those noise issues are created.

Ive had my rcas ran right next to my power wire on several occasions and never had any noise interference. Come to think of it I have my front stage amps ran right next to each other and have no noise whatsoever.

As long as the install is done correctly and you aren't using the most BS rcas ever I wouldn't worry about any noise being picked up.

random bumps out of the subs would be RCA's not tight in amp, input or output bad in amp. Something that is randomly breaking the signal chain.
how about a crappy line out converter that's not groundable?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.