what are some good 8" mids (non pro audio)

BloodyGuts335i
10+ year member

Team DC
I was wondering. what are some of your opinions on good 8" midrange (mid bass) speakers that are not pro audio. I have 4 mp8's and I want to compare the sound of them to non pro audio to see what i like best. I would prefer something that is more geared towards mid bass than loudness. I'm looking for something in the $200 or less per pair range.

Assuming you mean the Crescendo MP8's pretty much anything will sound better and get louder. Those mids aren't very impressive at all. I installed 8 in the doors of a Burban for a guy and was highly disappointed.

What are you running for tweeters?

Assuming you mean the Crescendo MP8's pretty much anything will sound better and get louder. Those mids aren't very impressive at all. I installed 8 in the doors of a Burban for a guy and was highly disappointed.
What are you running for tweeters?
I'm running the crescendo ft1 tweeters.

Dayton and Silver Flute come to mind.
Those aren't pro audio?

Btw. Ill be using an ms-8 for tuning, eq & T/A.

Is the OP asking about a true mid or a midbass. There are a ton of very good midbass that we can point you to. If you are looking for a true 8" mid that gets tougher. They are some home audio stuff you can try, but I would ask why you are thing to get an 8" to do mid duties? Ive heard a couple of PA system speakers and wasnt impressed at all. They were loud, which is what the users I heard them in wanted. They didnt sound good at all.

If you can find a used set of Hybrid L8's, the first version, I think you will be extremely impressed. When HAT first came out, I didn't want to drink the Kool Aid, but once I gave them a try, I found that they are definitely worth a listen. You can find used pairs for $200 shipped occasionally.

I'm looking more in to a true midbass 8". I have 6.5's for the midranges frequencies. I'm looking for some mids to play a bit lower with some authority. Would like it to play down to 50-60hz up to like 200hz

Hard to beat for the price vs. performance

830667.jpg

The Madisound Speaker Store

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.