Subwoofers moving but no bass?

JKuhnz
10+ year member

Hey guys, I just installed my new amplifier today, a Hifonics 1400 watt mono amp. I hooked it all up and found out the subwoofers are moving fine, but their is little to no sound coming out.

The levels I have the amp set are are as follows:

Subsonic: 18Hz

Bass EQ (Bass boost): 0dB

Low Pass: About 80-90Hz

Level: Halfway

Phase: 0

Let me know if any information is needed.

Any suggestions to why no sound is coming from the subs?

"how are subs wired?"

The subs are wired they way an installation company wired them for my first amp:

4kbqr5.jpg

"Make sure polarity is the same on both subs"

How do I do this. Sorry but I know very little about this stuff.

"try a different amp or different subs and see which one is causing the problem"

I used to have another amp connected which worked fine. I had one of my subs out of the box testing it so is it possible when I put the sub back in the box I unknowingly wired it in wrong. Could that cause this problem.

yea, if you had it disconnected its pretty easy to switch the phase of it,

pull it back out and make sure that the positive leads actually go to the positive terminals. same with the neg leads and terminals.

Id check to see if the rcas are in the right spot on the hu.Out for sub/rear,and check the stereo/mono switch on the amp,make sure its on mono

Thanks for all your help guys! I checked the sub wiring and found out I did switch the phase of it. I unknowingly had the speaker wire running to the wrong terminals. I switched it all correctly and it sounds perfect now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.