Head unit power cycles when turning headlights off/on...

geowick07
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Hi all! Been a while since I've been the forum. But I have a problem I need to fix as quick as possible!

I installed a head unit in a friend's 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, (Sony XPlod...not sure on model # ATM, but I can find it if necessary). All seemed well, until later on in the evening he turned his headlights on, and the head unit basically power-cycled, i.e. turned off, then right back on. It does the same thing when turning the headlights off...power cycles off then back on.

Is there something I could have wired wrong? I wired the harness the same as I have any other time, and I have never encountered this issue. Bad ground, maybe? I didn't use the illumination wire (can't remember why right now, but I know I did it deliberately.)

Any help is greatly appreciated! I hope to be able to remedy this ASAP, since it isn't my vehicle. Thanks in advance!

geo

Bummer. I suspect the power wire you picked has something to do with night/day functions in the Jeep. You should be able to verify that by reading it with a DMM while playing with headlights. Find a different power wire.

I actually fixed this Saturday, but am just now able to update. I had a family medical issue to attend to.

Turned out to be a bad ground. I did some reading elsewhere, and found many instances of people having bad grounds in Jeep factory wiring. I ran a new ground from the HU to the body, and no longer have the power loss issue.

Thanks for the suggestions!

geo

***Moderators, please feel free to delete this thread, if deemed unhelpful. Thank you!***

Tháo dỡ, bảo dưỡng, lắp đặt điều hòa giá rẻ nhất Hà Nội.

Liên hê để được báo giá tốt nhất. (không rẻ không lấy tiền)

Hotline: Mr Phương: 0904785139

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.