Re: Sub Decisions for Setup!!! Need Opinions...

NissanKicker
10+ year member

Honda-on-22-Nissan-on-20
Screenshot_2012-09-11-18-47-03.png
Screenshot_2012-12-06-01-38-02.png

Hey, im really not going for the deepest bass nor any sound quality... Just looking to make the LOUDEST ratchet in my trunk... This is a STREET POUNDER build... If pressure comes, it comes - but cutlass's body style ( G-Body ) are known to THROW bass. I have an 1983 Cutlass Supreme T-Top... I'm tryna decide between the following:

#1 : (8) 12" Pioneer TS-W304Rs ( $49.99 each )

#2 : (4) 15" Power Acoustik P3-15Ws ( $300 for all 4 )

#3 : (2) 18" AudioQue HDC3s ( $450 to both )

.... ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE IN A SEALED ENCLOSURE

I have 63"Wide x 15.75"High x 20"Deep to that I can squeeze in there...

... Maybe 64" wide... But I know not any higher or deeper.

My amp options are:

#1 : Hifonics HFI3000.1D

#2 : AudioPipe 3000D

.... Its not just gonna be all amp power, i have a clarion EQ-746 & Clarion MCD360 to help with hertz...

I'm looking for helpful & useful advice on the project that's at hand... Not bashing the chooses of subs... If u know of other brands the same price, that will work better, tell me!!!

Power Acoustic mofos are awesome ground pounders on a budget, I think they are like $125 a piece for the 15's. A friend had 4 of them ported in his Tahoe, he shook all of the screws out of the rear hatch, because he didn't sound deaden it lol

Yeah... The MOFOs are the color of my car... I thought about them... I just don't know how they sound sealed... I've had 2 sets of mofos... 15s and 12s... Both ported, both did the job...

.... I was looking for more than a " ummm... " sir!!!

And I seriously doubt I can go 2 18s ported in that cutlass... Properly that is...

.... Now I did do an experimental calculation on 2 18s ported with the specs provided...

It was like 8cuft. Tuned @32hz using (3) 4" x 7.25" aero ports...

And to answer the question about why I'm going sealed...

... Only because I'm going old school.

Plus the number of subs and limited space that I'm going and have... Im forced to do sealed...

... I'm tryna stop from going the tipicle setup.. ( 2 12s/15s ported )

i wouldnt go with any of the options you listed honestly.. especially if your looking for the loudest.

would also help if you gave us a budget to work with.

clean car btw

I've heard 2 xfl 15s ported... They were amazingly LOUD... But they didn't impress me with the extra low notes like the American Bass 12 xfls... The 15s just gave u a headache out this world.. Lol

.... Hmm.. Well I have a budget of $450 to $1000 - and thanks!!!

Now rememeber, I'm not tryna be the loudest car there... This is just how much noise can I get my trunk to make.

... Im guessing the theory I'm using is: more mass movement towards the trunk lid = more ratchet.

loosen trunk hinges, put coffee cans 1/2 full of marbles in the trunk. Since you want that hood bass you gotta do the hood tricks.

Car is ghetto fab...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.