getting this setup finished

Participant count
  • Participant list

logan963
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright boys, I have a JBL GTO 2400.1 2400@ 2ohms, and 1750@ 4ohms. now here is where I need some help, I already have 1 JBL W12 GTI MKII (I just wanted to throw a quick system in my new car when I got it) now that I have some actual power, I need to add some more subs, I will be sticking with the MKII's, I really like the sound of them. Now where I need help is how many do I do, 2 or 3? keep in mind these are 6ohm dvc subs and are rated at 700 rms (but known to take alot more). This will be going into a 2011 Challenger. Now the 1 sub I have right now is in a sealed box, but I am undecided on ported or sealed on the multiple and if they should be rear or forward firing. All opinions are welcome!

If you want it louder but a not-so-tight bass response go with ported, if you want less of a rattle with a tighter bass response go sealed. The rest 2 or 3 subs and rear or forward firing are mainly personal preference. Rear firing will a little bit louder but may not be very noticeable to the ear.

If you want it louder but a not-so-tight bass response go with ported, if you want less of a rattle with a tighter bass response go sealed. The rest 2 or 3 subs and rear or forward firing are mainly personal preference. Rear firing will a little bit louder but may not be very noticeable to the ear.
I love the tight bass response, but with sealed, it just doesn't hit low enough :/

I love the tight bass response, but with sealed, it just doesn't hit low enough :/
With a sealed box and a lot of power you can use EQ to boost the low end. That sub should easily be able to hit in the 30s, which is as low as most music goes.

With a sealed box and a lot of power you can use EQ to boost the low end. That sub should easily be able to hit in the 30s, which is as low as most music goes.
But should I go with 2 or 3 of them?

My opinion... ( based on me working with these subs before )

.... 3 subs... Facing the cabin... Sealed...

* press the box as far to the rear seats as possible *

... And make sure it stays there - even if u have to extend the top, bottom, and sides of the enclosure, u'll enjoy it.

My opinion... ( based on me working with these subs before ).... 3 subs... Facing the cabin... Sealed...

* press the box as far to the rear seats as possible *

... And make sure it stays there - even if u have to extend the top, bottom, and sides of the enclosure, u'll enjoy it.
hmmmm... sounds interesting, who needs a spare tire anyways lol, and im guessing I should wire to 4ohm?

Last edited by a moderator:
One common chamber is fine, but I would go two subs with a larger ported box built correctly firing forward( presuming the seats fold down)with the back of the box as far back as possible to the back of the car, with power to spare it will sound great having so much ceiling as far as power and the amp will run cooler.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.