2 15"s-4ft3 ???

It happens
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MN
i was wondering on your guys opion on this ... like the title says is 2 15" custom made subs too small for 4 ' cubed? the box is built already and desinged for 1 15" tuned to 34hz. but i was thing i might be able to retro fit it for 2 15". by cutting anouther subwoofernext to the other and possibly take out the port wall and seal up the box. or leave the port wall so it would be 2 15" in 4ft3 which sounds unrealistic to me but im not a expert. so bottom line is ... leave the box for 1 15" alone and buy/build a box for 2 15"? or 2 15s with ported or 2 15s sealed ....just wondering your opions thanks

Sealed 4 cubes could work but depends on what subs. I would build a new box though period or justkeep 1

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I know a sub you can put 2 sealed in 3 cubes for 15s and give them 2000rms

the subs are all custom i built them ones has a tc motor and one has re motor...

what subs are those?

Sealed 4 cubes could work but depends on what subs. I would build a new box though period or justkeep 1 

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I know a sub you can put 2 sealed in 3 cubes for 15s and give them 2000rms

now just for the sake of asking questions...whats the worst thing that could happen? lets say i build a box for them and play them at low wattagewhat could i be damageingwould it be the subs , amp, or the sound quality???

I'm surprised that you have the ability to build custom subs, yet you are asking these questions. Is 4 cubes net, or gross? If gross, it is barely even big enough for 1 15. Mixing subs is not a good idea.

i was i just asking for everyones opion on what they had thought on this issue

I'm surprised that you have the ability to build custom subs, yet you are asking these questions. Is 4 cubes net, or gross? If gross, it is barely even big enough for 1 15. Mixing subs is not a good idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

It happens

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
It happens
MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date