VM Audio - the new king of cheap amps?

Wingman0121
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Eight different amps, all under $78 shipped. They claim it's all class A/B although the monoblocks have a fixed lowpass filter.

Amplifiers | Car Amplifiers : VM Audio : VMInnovations.com

This one has the most factory fuses (80 amps)

VM Audio SRA1800.2 1800W 2 Channel Amplifier : VM-SRA1800.2 : VMInnovations.com

Their "2200 watt" model is listed as having 60 amps worth of fuses, it ain't gonna make 2200 watts even if it died trying... but it is priced like it's at Walmart.

there is a decent writeup on flspl about them. Dont seem to do rated, but pretty close! Basically rebadged audiopipes (same boards)
Edit: where else will you find 2200watt amp pushing 1500true watts for $80? Also, according to the flspl thread, if buying more than one you can contact them directly (expect a language barrier) and get them for $50-$60 each!
i think your talking about vvme, VM Audio is totally different amps from VMinnovations

VMI is headquartered in my city. I reeally want to get a couple and beat the bricks off them just to see what they're really about. I've picked stuff up locally before and they know what they're doing for the most part. Curiosity killed the wallet.

I want to try one of them but the specs have the rms rating on 4ohms then it says peak on 2 ohms and bridged ratings, which does not make any sense, i tried to chat with them trying to get what the rms on 2 ohms or bridged ratings and the guy could not answer. If i go with fuse rating it should do the rms rating but not sure about the peak specs they put there. Nokings maybe you can pass by there and have them look at it.

I want to try one of them but the specs have the rms rating on 4ohms then it says peak on 2 ohms and bridged ratings, which does not make any sense, i tried to chat with them trying to get what the rms on 2 ohms or bridged ratings and the guy could not answer. If i go with fuse rating it should do the rms rating but not sure about the peak specs they put there. Nokings maybe you can pass by there and have them look at it.
I was curious about that too. It's a strange way to rate, giving only peak at 2ch @ 2 ohms and bridged. I'll see what I can find out.

Got the amp in the mail today

revesuju.jpg
marynamu.jpg
jyqa6a8u.jpg
ru5yhyqa.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

I'm actually pissed at that 2 20a fuse, their decription says 2 30a fuse

VM Audio SRA1200.4 1200W 4 Channel Amplifier : VM-SRA1200.4 : VMInnovations.com

Fuse: 30A x 2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.