where to mount my tweeters

• near the woofer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

atownmack
10+ year member

Currently I have rockford fosgate t1 coaxials in my 2003 toyota camry that I'm wanting to upgrade. they sound great, but the reason for this decision is that they are mounted low in my door, and they sound like they the music is coming from my feet.

I have decided to purchase a JBL MS62c component set. My question is where to mount the tweeters. The stock tweeter location is in the dashboard near the windshield. Placing it there is really simple. I've heard that having great physical distance between the woofer and tweeter can cause your music to sound separate. As stated earlier, the woofer sits low in the door. If I placed the tweeter near the woofer, would I have a the same problem I currently am having with my coaxials?

Basically should I mount them in the dash or low in the door, near the woofer?

To me locations for the tweeters should be right by the door handle on the right side from the driver side door panel. Or you can put it little lower from where by the locks and windows switch panel is that little curve spot would do good for facing you and the rest of the area inside of the car. It up to you. I have always thought the dashboard is a 3" or 2" speaker in it I may be wrong.

Unless you have some way of getting creative with the aiming down low then putting the tweeter right next to the woofer will offer the same imaging effects as the coaxs in the door.

Go with the coaxs and maybe go high in the door, or if you really want to stick with stock locations, just go in the dash. Would this be optimal? Likely not. But it will almost certainly offer better height than the coaxs in the lower part of the doors.

I have a 2012 Camry with the same speaker locations and I'm planning to put the comp woofer in the door and the tweeter in the stock dash location. Acceptable stage height, better than the stock JBL, and keeps the car looking like it did from the factory.

I have a 2002 camry. I run 2" in the factory dash locations and woofers in the doors. with a bit of T/A from the CDA-9833 the soundstage is above the dash and centered.

keep the tweeters high and you'll raise your sound stage. tweeters should not be low in a car.

I have a 2002 camry. I run 2" in the factory dash locations and woofers in the doors. with a bit of T/A from the CDA-9833 the soundstage is above the dash and centered.
keep the tweeters high and you'll raise your sound stage. tweeters should not be low in a car.
What do you mean by t/a? So I should go ahead and mount them in the dash?

t/a = time alignment which is processing by the hu to delay the timeframe that the sound arrives from the drivers side speaker so it arrives at the side the time passenger side does.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...