need info quick

I just did the big 3 on my 04 chevy malibu i was wondering should i fuse it? And what size fuse? I got a ppi blackice 1800.1. I have a 200 amp on my run to my amp. Do i just match the amp of my alt? Help plz...
you can fuse it but it's not a necessity. I didn't fuse mine and I had no problems.

Need to match the wire/length rating if your wanting to fuse. Just did mine and everyone reminded me it isn't necessary, but if you want you need to match the length/wire.

Here.

imagejpeg_2_zps3dd71832.jpg

for now get another batt for the rear. ultimately the best upgrade is a highoutput alternator from Tenney, singer, excessive amperage, etc.

the battery will help take the dimming away be cause youll have more reserve energy, but all in all your alternator will still be working just as hard.

always fuse the wire for its capacity, not what the amp takes.

for now get another batt for the rear. ultimately the best upgrade is a highoutput alternator from Tenney, singer, excessive amperage, etc.the battery will help take the dimming away be cause youll have more reserve energy, but all in all your alternator will still be working just as hard.

True. Extra battery would be good. Best upgrade would be upgrade current batter and alternator

Okay. Im not sure what my amp is on my car. It looks like it was a new one installed when i got the car. Is their anyway to tell what amp it is?

for now get another batt for the rear. ultimately the best upgrade is a highoutput alternator from Tenney, singer, excessive amperage, etc.the battery will help take the dimming away be cause youll have more reserve energy, but all in all your alternator will still be working just as hard.

Okay. Im not sure what my amp is on my car. It looks like it was a new one installed when i got the car. Is their anyway to tell what amp it is?
what vehicle? most 4 cylinder motors are 90ah to 120ah, 6 cylinders 100-140ah, 8 cylinders, 100ah to 160ah.

but it really varies. typically care uses 40-60% of the alt power however.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Groundpounder22

10+ year member
bassbeast22
Groundpounder22
Dearbornheights,mi
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date