Opinion on New Systems?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Knowmadic
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alright so I got my first pay check on my new job and get one once every month so I decided I wanted to upgrade my car a little more. The current speakers in there aren't cutting it so I'm gonna step it up a little bit. Here is what I found:

Headunit: JVC KD-X40

EQ: AutoTek 7007

Front Stage: JBL MS-62C

Rear: Stock fill/None

Sub: JL Audio 12W6V2 (Don't judge on price, just on what it does)

Amps: Alpine PDX-F4 and Alpine 600.1

Wiring: 4ga Knu wire

Ditch the EQ and get a better HU. What's the point of getting a great SQ sub if the source *****
Which HU would you recommend? The only reason I still have the KD-X40 is because it looks nicer then the average HU. Also, why ditch the EQ altogether?

Higher end HU's have nice EQ's on them, I have that 4 channel I believe... I love it.
Yeah I understand that, honestly besides getting a nicer sound, the reason I got the EQ was to control the bass level from up front. I don't like my bass roaring loud on some songs, and quiet on others. I'm conservative with it and don't just max it out. If I'm on a rock song I'll turn it up a bit. If I'm on a more bass heavy song I may turn it down a little or a lot.

EDIT: Here's some HU's that I liked and look pretty good, what are some opinions on them? They are ordered most expensive to least. I'm open to other alternatives.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X996

Alpine iDA-X305S

You can also control the subwoofer level from most headunits also... just saying. Or get a remote gain knob.
Mine isn't capable of that right now and I wouldn't like to go into the menus. I'm looking into get a PAC LC1, since my amps don't have phone jack plugs. What is your opinion on those HU's listed?

I couldn't give you honest advice since I haven't looked into headunits for a long time. I know a lot of people seem to like the 880PRS though

Out of those HU's I would get the pioneer seems to have alot of good reviews an see alot of people really like it. It's essintally(spelling) like the 880prs which is liked alot for the features it has from what I have seen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.