Little help

Participant count
  • Participant list

gumby688
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok getting ready to build my enclosure for 6 12 inch punch hx2's my net internal volume is 14.2cu ft after bracing, ports, (if I use the 5 4inch ports at 11 inches) and driver displacement. I have a couple questions. Want to tune somewhere between 32hz and 35hz. Building for SPL but dont want a 55 hz burp box want something I can live with for everyday. Going with subs up and port firing to rear of my 2000 2 door explorer sport.Will be running them on a popcorn sounds 4k am at .67ohm figure I will be doing good to get 2600-2800 from the amp. Using 3/4 birch plywood box dimensions outside 48 inches wide 21.5 inches tall and 30 inches deep.

1. Should I go with 5 4inch areoports or a slot port?

2 If slot port I need the size and best location in back of enclosure. top, bottom, center verti, center horz, left side or right side.

Here are the specs I have for the subs with RF recomendations for box and ports.

Punch HX2 DVC RFD2112

Nominal Impedance (ohms) 2 (2)

Voice Coil Diameter-inch 3.0

FS (Hz) 25

QTS 0.407

VAS-cu.ft. 2.86

Xmax-inch .55

SPL (dB @ 1w/1m) 86.7

Power Handling (RMS) 500

Power Handling (Max) 1000

Mounting Dia.-inch 10-13/16

Mounting Depth-inch 5-13/16

Speaker Dis.-cu. ft. 0.069

Sealed Box Vol.-cu. ft. 1.25

Vented Box Vol.-cu. ft. 2.0

Port Diameter & Length 4 inch dia x 10.75 inches

Would you mind if I designed this for you? That's just a ****** setup.
Help is always a good thing the dimensions on the box are the biggest I can fit in and still have a back seat and for my class I have to be under 24inches from the floor of rear cargo for total height

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.