2 Crossfire XS-SPL18-V2's Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

JayDubb757
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm building an enclosure for 2 Crossfire XS-SPL18-V2's.

It will be going in a Range Rover powered by a Cactus Audio 12k.

Box will be around 11.5 cubes tuned to around 36hz with about 14.5 square inches of port per cube.

Construction will be out of Baltic Birch FTW!!!

I measured his current box, and it's about 8.5ft^3 tuned to 31hz with about 8.5in^2 of port.....So this box should crush his old box.

He also has 4-10's that were mounted on top of the old box that I'm getting a friend to fiberglass and install over the back rear windows.

2wdoiog.jpg

2n8pmhw.jpg

21c6muu.jpg

wi0ak9.jpg

2zqt194.jpg

Any reason he wanted a tuning of 36hz? That is what my box is tuned to. I am so used to seeing 29-33hz on this site.

And. He had 2 18s? and 4 10s? All being played?

Any reason he wanted a tuning of 36hz? That is what my box is tuned to. I am so used to seeing 29-33hz on this site.
And. He had 2 18s? and 4 10s? All being played?

With the space I had to work with, that's the lowest tuning I could get and still have a decent port area...tried aero's, but couldn't get the numbers where I wanted them.

This is a street battle vehicle... i think he has like 10-10's , 6 super tweets and the 18's..all the mids/highs are on Zapco amps...It's LOUD! and sounds good for PA speakers.

With the space I had to work with, that's the lowest tuning I could get and still have a decent port area...tried aero's, but couldn't get the numbers where I wanted them.
This is a street battle vehicle... i think he has like 10-10's , 6 super tweets and the 18's..all the mids/highs are on Zapco amps...It's LOUD! and sounds good for PA speakers.

OH ok. I was just curious. Is there a reason he did 10 10s plus the 18s? Like. Were the 10s for higher bass or something?

28mdymo.jpg

fayedd.jpg

23lz1v8.jpg

34e5hk2.jpg

30dfr01.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

OH ok. I was just curious. Is there a reason he did 10 10s plus the 18s? Like. Were the 10s for higher bass or something?
The 10's are for his midbass...he may have some 8's too, I can't remember.

28mdymo.jpg

fayedd.jpg

23lz1v8.jpg

34e5hk2.jpg

30dfr01.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

The 10's are for his midbass...he may have some 8's too, I can't remember.
oh ok. Dang. So he has every frequency level covered.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.