running amp from cigarette lighter

soundstream16
10+ year member

Ok, so before i start, i just wanna say i know im goanna get a LOT of crap for this.

anyways, i have a kinetik khc800 batt charging from the cigarette lighter. i have my amp (SS tx1.200d) running off of it. my sub is an SPLX-152hf. so the reason i have it ran this way is because the car is not mine until i graduate so i had to find a way to run a system without "modifying" the car. so, i did it this way.

my question is, how can i get better voltage with the way i am doing it. my voltage never drops below 12.15. should i get more/better batts? what can i do.

Ok, so before i start, i just wanna say i know im goanna get a LOT of crap for this.
anyways, i have a kinetik khc800 batt charging from the cigarette lighter. i have my amp (SS tx1.200d) running off of it. my sub is an SPLX-152hf. so the reason i have it ran this way is because the car is not mine until i graduate so i had to find a way to run a system without "modifying" the car. so, i did it this way.

my question is, how can i get better voltage with the way i am doing it. my voltage never drops below 12.15. should i get more/better batts? what can i do.
umm.... what?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

See, i knew i was goanna get crap for it. i know its not the right way to do it but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
let me just say that what you're doing is far more dangerous, than "modifying" a proper install. When you run electrical for amps etc. Nothing that has anything to do with the car gets modified. You run power from battery to back WITH a fuse through the firewall, then you ground to the frame. Id suggest making the change soon or your car wont make it to graduation

let me just say that what you're doing is far more dangerous, than "modifying" a proper install. When you run electrical for amps etc. Nothing that has anything to do with the car gets modified. You run power from battery to back WITH a fuse through the firewall, then you ground to the frame. Id suggest making the change soon or your car wont make it to graduation
i agree with everything you just said. but i am not allowed to modify anything in the car. even though it isn't actually modifying the car. but i want to ask you, when you say my car won't make it, why do you say that. i have slammed my system for months at hours at a time and it has been fine.

look I did the same thing to see if a battery charged with a lighter plug in inverter and a batt charger to the inverter, the battery charger worked and charged the batt but the fuse for the lighter blew, I am amazed your car hasn't burned up already my lighter fuse lasted about 6 mins before blowing and since im guessing no fuse has blown in that car something bad will go wrong soon...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.