Upgrade suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

95COUGARBOOM
10+ year member

Indiana
Hi Guys, So last time i posted i was a lil to gung ho about my build and realized i sounded like a complete noob...lol And i probably will again as im a very excitable person.. so what has happened is i have bought an HFI1000D amp and also bought an OBCON Dual 12 ported box... I know I know its a pre-fab... But this is a mild budget build seeing as how ive decided to do my big build in the eclipse because its a hatch-back... but to finish this build up im going to upgrade the door and rear speakers as well as upgrade subs... i still have the visoniks and i have to say... for subs built in 2001... these things pound pretty good... they flex my entire back seat and my trunk goes CRAZY... but i want more.. lol. So what subs would give me best performance in the box i have? It is a Labyrinth ported dual 12 box with 1.65 Cubes per sub before displacement... Any help would be appreciated... as well as suggestions on 4 6.5 door speakers... im going to use 5x7 to 6.5 adapters as well... thanks guys

I guess i will buy replacement subs based on my own opinions seeing as how the ppl on this forum dnt like to reply to threads posted by me... Thanks for all ur help guys... Ik be sure to return the favor as soon as i get the opportunity

Depends on your budget and goals. If your looking for better and louder bass. Xfl subs are a good choice. But you'll need a bigger amp to. Also cdt components and coaxes or just Mids in the rear the cdt com 626 is a good set

so if i went with the sa's i would have to add another amp to my setup... i dnt really want to do that... so im looking for something that will do well with 500rms a piece in a 1.5 cu. ft. per sub ported enclosure... any ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.