New ClassD freak, greetings earthlinks

I currently have: 2-12" solo-baric L5's dual voice 4ohms

2-12" xplods 1300w single voice ??ohms

1-xplod 800watt single channel amp

1-v12 mrv303 4 channel amp

1-very special matts dhc100? alittle black beauty that has not even got luke warm with 4-12" and a 15". The lowest Ive ever dropped is 1ohm. Im trying to trade or spend a couple hundred on a 15"(s) to add with my two solo's and drop my impedance down between .5 and .75(ideal .66). If anyone has any pointers or good advice, Im all ears. Ive been fortunate over the years and traded electrical work for parts...2 yellow top optimas, caps, 0gauge pwer wire, spkrs, and misc.

My next purchases are alternator bracket(to mount dual alt.'s) and 15's. I have an extended cab chevy, which I gutted to build three slotted port boxes(per kicker specs for solo's)

Well any advice on speakers or box design to maximize low frequency bass, you know that frequency at which when you hit pause, everythings still resonating for a second or two after,Home sweet Home....

Whats the harm in mixing speakers. They each have their own enclosure and are bridged. My amp is only supplying one total load. I wish I could buy 3 brand new 15's but cant afford right now, Im trying to design a box for all 4 with ind. air space and ports, do bandpass boxes of the 4th, sound good, seems like a higher frequency. Slotted or tube ports? I tend to like the low low resonance

Whats the harm in mixing speakers. They each have their own enclosure and are bridged. My amp is only supplying one total load. I wish I could buy 3 brand new 15's but cant afford right now, Im trying to design a box for all 4 with ind. air space and ports, do bandpass boxes of the 4th, sound good, seems like a higher frequency. Slotted or tube ports? I tend to like the low low resonance
You're gonna get cancellation, which means its not gonna be as loud. Also, you stated you don't even know the impedance of 2 of the subs you are running..thats a great amp but i'd be real careful.

yeah man listen to the people on here a lot of them have some REALLY good advise, and as far as mixing the subs im on the same boat everyone is telling you DONT MIX THEM! And welcome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Secondly all hour equipment is junk except the mmats amp. Craiglist it and get some better gear. Also going by your first and second post, someone with your little experience should not be wiring down below the amps stable impedence.

Sorry for the confusion..... I was simply listing the equipment I have in my posession. I currently dont even have a head unit in my truck. Im riding around with a bosch jobsite radio. I took my system out a couple months ago. Im dying to put it back in....but first I need new mids and highs, and.... I guess either need one more solo 12, or ????? I also need to build a big ported box.

As for the different subs, please excuse my ignorance. If I have 3 spkrs, 2solos 2ohm loads each, and say one spkr with a 4 ohm load(xplod), if I have these bridged(all pos together, all neg. together)

where would cancellation come from. If they were in the same airspace, yes. But not the case.

The two solos are going to draw twice the power each than the xplod, my amp cant tell its only seeing one load. If the spkrs were in a confined air space maybe. The only reason Im questioning this is because Ive heard many different combinations, If one spkr is reversed(polarity), yes than it will def. cancel others out. Ive had the matts for maybe 12 years, this is the first time in those 12 years I havent had the matts hooked up.

Don't mix subs. 1. It looks stupid and ghetto. 2. You are making junk sound even worse. 3. They are different sizes meaning they sound difference playing the same thing, that's the cancellation part. 4. They are different loads so they are not getting the same power.

Is it louder? Sure. Who cares how loud it is if sounds like ****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

flappert

flappert
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jes 42