Efficient Box for SP4 15?

GreekBrotha8
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I know the sp4 has a 4 inch coil, and many people say that 2,000 watts would be wasted on a 4 inch coil, but i wanna know what some of you box designer say. How large would the box have to be to compensate for the lower wattage? I really want to make it work lol. And please don't come in here with "2,000 watts is retarded for a sp4, get blah blah sub" heard it before, hence why i'm making this thread. let me knoww!

You'r getting on the SP4 movement too huh? I just placed my order a few days ago. Dual 2 15 w/ cooling. And I too will be looking for a good box design. I've had the RE XXX 12" in the past...the 2005 model, yes the better one! lol. And I had that in a 94 Camry. Strong Lported enclosure..and got pretty low from what I remember. ( I sold it back in 2007)

But anyways.. what are you putting your SP4 in? I have a 07 camry..and will more than likely start this build with a rear firing ported.. hopefully i can get 4.0-4.2 cubes to fit back there w/o taking up the entire trunk.

What amp are you gettin that 2kWatts from?

You'r getting on the SP4 movement too huh? I just placed my order a few days ago. Dual 2 15 w/ cooling. And I too will be looking for a good box design. I've had the RE XXX 12" in the past...the 2005 model, yes the better one! lol. And I had that in a 94 Camry. Strong Lported enclosure..and got pretty low from what I remember. ( I sold it back in 2007)
But anyways.. what are you putting your SP4 in? I have a 07 camry..and will more than likely start this build with a rear firing ported.. hopefully i can get 4.0-4.2 cubes to fit back there w/o taking up the entire trunk.

What amp are you gettin that 2kWatts from?
another from VA

another from VA
yessirr.. Hey from your sig.. how are you satisfied with the singer alt? I just wrote him and he quoted me with a tag of around $480. Im considering between singer and mechman. I need to make sure that that kind of investment will last in my car.

I want an alternator thats for my car but will help my audio, not a alt thats for my audio and fits my car.

yessirr.. Hey from your sig.. how are you satisfied with the singer alt? I just wrote him and he quoted me with a tag of around $480. Im considering between singer and mechman. I need to make sure that that kind of investment will last in my car.
I want an alternator thats for my car but will help my audio, not a alt thats for my audio and fits my car.
where are you located?

this is my voltage with 1 extra 102ah c&d and the singer alt. aq3500.1@1ohm wide open. I highly recommend singer from my experience and others with his product. lifetime warranty too.

Im in the peninsula, hampton/NN area. You?

In the vid it seemed like you were driving..or were you idle? Does your voltage usually stick at 13ish? Correct me if im wrong but I assumed it would be more close to the 14v range. especially when the bass wasnt hitting.

My electrical will consist of 2 braille b7548 batts. One under the hood and one in the trunk. 1/0 Knukoncepts throughout.

Substage amp american bass 150.1.. sub will eat off of 1 ohm. Front staging will be (4 )SQ-65M's alongside (4) SQ-T2 tweets. I like the sound of dome tweets vs horn tweets...i guess you can say I'm SQ oriented vs just getting plain LOUD!!

In the vid it seemed like you were driving..or were you idle? Does your voltage usually stick at 13ish? Correct me if im wrong but I assumed it would be more close to the 14v range. especially when the bass wasnt hitting.

My electrical will consist of 2 braille b7548 batts. One under the hood and one in the trunk. 1/0 Knukoncepts throughout.

Substage amp american bass 150.1.. sub will eat off of 1 ohm. Front staging will be (4 )SQ-65M's alongside (4) SQ-T2 tweets. I like the sound of dome tweets vs horn tweets...i guess you can say I'm SQ oriented vs just getting plain LOUD!!
Richmond. We have a fb group with a bunch of guys in the area. My car is controlled internally so it has a mind of its own. Sometimes it would sit at 13.9, 14.9 and 12.9. Regardless of starting voltage really doesn't drop that much. I need to get a video of when it spikes to 15.5! Eventually I'm going to get an external reg from Mike. Pm me your number if you ever need help with installs or looking to shoot the $h!t

i think it depends somewhat on your electrical- if your dropping to 11.8v right before you start clipping you may be giving the sub 1200-1500w- then you have to take your rise into account. thats my theory anyway

I got some pretty loud SQ in Sulfolk, right across the tunnel

Richmond. We have a fb group with a bunch of guys in the area. My car is controlled internally so it has a mind of its own. Sometimes it would sit at 13.9, 14.9 and 12.9. Regardless of starting voltage really doesn't drop that much. I need to get a video of when it spikes to 15.5! Eventually I'm going to get an external reg from Mike. Pm me your number if you ever need help with installs or looking to shoot the $h!t
Oh yea? whats the FB name? Ill pm you and see whats up. I havent had any bang in YEARS, so my ears are probably new born virgins to the woofer world smh. My goal is to have everything installed before summer hits. My last install was more of a plug n chug type deal, I have 4ga wire, didnt deaden much of anything, and had a hifonics amp with no extra battery source in the setup. And back then I thought i was gettin 2000 watts RMS lmao.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.